Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Very nice work on the layout! Is it selfsustaining btw?
- ParanoidMike

Almost. It is short 605 silicon per hour. For this complex I just buy silicon from NPCs with a CAG at minimum price.

It was built by Hephaistos Corp btw. I don't have the patience to manually place that many stations anymore. I have another terran weapon complex I built after this. I'll post it up too.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Terminus Systems

above the east gate in Oort Cloud:
Picture

This started as a small complex in the unknown sector west of Clarity's End to build poltergeist and spectre missiles. At the time I had my HQ there as well and Then I built another complex to produce SSPs, PSPs, Hammers, Flails and Wraiths. The facility in Oort Cloud is the Terminus Systems HQ as it is hard to reach and tends to have a lot of credits on hand to buy ore silicon and energy for the other complexes to function. The HQ produces EMPCs, M/AM Launchers + ammo and Phantom Missiles. CLS pilots bring the goods to my HQ from all the complexes to be stored and used easily.

These two are in the unknown sector:
Picture
Picture

It is a small money sink overall but really nothing in the grand scheme. Typically i'll park a large TS there to collect the wares and deliver them to my HQ. My HQ now resides in the plot given player sector. SEWN satellites use a Galleon loaded with Elites as complex protection.

Aphrodite's Storm. Brigantine and Kyoto ready to pounce. The Kyoto carries six Vali as fighters.
Picture

It may be worth noting that if you connect the hub between the two gates of the player sector. NPCs will never path into your sector because the distance is shorter to go through the hub, effectively creating a peaceful island. While it does take up two of the gate slots to do this, I personally found this not to be an issue. I connected the third gate to Unseen Domain - Unknown Sector to give people an easy route to my microchip plex from the center of the map.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Nice looking Complexes Sixar. Good to see people still posting pictures of their complexes here. I like how you stacked those Terran power-plants Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

It was all Hephaistos Corp that did the placing. The above complex was quite a challenge to connect together. Required some linking of complex hubs due to the size of the Terran stations.

FloridaPete

FloridaPete avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

I'm working on my own spreadsheet for this game. (not to create a complex, just an info sheet)

If a factory produces more than one item, say a 1GJ shield and a 2 GJ shield...
does that factory produce both items at the same time? like two assembly lines???
therefore needing the energy, food, and ore for both items together?

example: 1GJ shield needs about 1000 energy per hour to continually produce the shield.
a 2 GJ shield requires about the same per hour to produce a shield.
both of these are in the same factory.
so does the factory need 2000 energy per hour producing both shields at the same time
or 1000 energy per hour producing each shield one at a time? (not concurrently)

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

It all happens concurrently as resources are available.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log-in to post here.