Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

It's an unknown sector and yea, there's a noticeable drop in framerate whenever I point the camera at the complex, but not too big. Not nearly as bad as the lag that was caused by missions before they fixed it.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I want to build complex that makes me a lot of money, reading what you guys have put it seems that is not possible... as complexes don't make much money until they are really self-sufficient, and chucking out products t the speed of light. However I seek you wisdom and advice.

Roguey, you said in a previous post about Bliss Places' in Freedoms Reach, just had a look there is one ship in there. Do more ships come in once the realize you have a complex?

Anyone else got any ideas?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey, you said in a previous post about Bliss Places in Freedoms Reach, just had a look there is one ship in there. Do more ships come in once the realize you have a complex?
- bozo64r

They come in massive numbers - I dont where they come from to be honest. I use that sector has its fairly neutral and has some good silicon asteroids. Bliss places sell very well.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

A couple of pics of my complexes:

Weed 'Plex in Harmony of Perpetuity;
Picture

Keris 'Plex in Jupiter 3;
Picture

Weed 'Plex in Unknown Sector east of Legend's Home;
Picture

Hammer & Flail Plex in Twisted Skies;
Picture

Self sustaining power plant in Oort Cloud;
Picture

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Since it is St. Patricks Day, I figured I would show a picture of my Irish Pub. It has 10 large space fuel distilleries, and 1 medium one. It is located in Gunnes Crusade. While taking htis picture I noticed a Hyperion Vanguard was flying through the pirate sector. I was too slow to take the ship before he made it to the gate though.

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@martimus @Ripskar Thanks for showing us your complexes, ive only just started building my weed/booze complex - so its rather small. Does anyone else think the Terran power plant looks like a flower? especially when those pipes from it look like a stem?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

It does have that feel about it, now I'm taking the pics.
Particularly as I try to angle the SPPs to face the sun.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

@martimus @Ripskar Thanks for showing us your complexes, ive only just started building my weed/booze complex - so its rather small. Does anyone else think the Terran power plant looks like a flower? especially when those pipes from it look like a stem?
- Roguey

I just put a weed plex in every Teladi sector that has a lot of silicon, so that I get a lot of people throughout the universe buying my stuff. It was the primary way that I used to gain reputation with all races early in the game.

I find it easier to just build a new plex for each new thing I need than to expand on a current one. It expands my influence, and allows me to have a ready supply of e-cells wherever I am in the universe. I currently have around 30 self sustained complexes right now.

Edit: I really wrote here to ask what the benefit of using one large all encompassing complex is over multiple smaller ones?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess with larger complexes there is more resources to work with, however I do find that things can get away from you. I keep adding stations, before I know it there are 100 :P

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

In the Terran game I'm working in restricted space, ie; where the Argon don't go.
So the Solar System and Twisted Skies.
The Solar system has severely restricted Silicon, (especially with Asteroid Belt out of play) so the bulk of my building is done in Pluto, Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud and I'm about to build a 'Plex to supply my PHQ (in Althes, Thank you Eldyranx) so I'll be doing a specific complex to supply that in Megnir.
My Senshi is based in Twisted Skies (where my Marines are being trained so it makes sense to have the Hammers and Flails there as well, (The plex also produces Laser Towers because they also require Rastar Oil).

I suppose the main selling point for a multi-product-plex would be the fact that you don't need to build yet another Self Sustaining Power Plant which is pricey and time consuming.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

In the Terran game I'm working in restricted space, ie; where the Argon don't go.
So the Solar System and Twisted Skies.
The Solar system has severely restricted Silicon, (especially with Asteroid Belt out of play) so the bulk of my building is done in Pluto, Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud and I'm about to build a 'Plex to supply my PHQ (in Althes, Thank you Eldyranx) so I'll be doing a specific complex to supply that in Megnir.
My Senshi is based in Twisted Skies (where my Marines are being trained so it makes sense to have the Hammers and Flails there as well, (The plex also produces Laser Towers because they also require Rastar Oil).

I suppose the main selling point for a multi-product-plex would be the fact that you don't need to build yet another Self Sustaining Power Plant which is pricey and time consuming.
- Ripskar

I guess that since I started using Heph Corp. to build my complexes, it has been faster to make a new one than expand an existing one. That said it is more expensive.

Megnir has a lot of Silicon and produces 300% solar power, so self sustained complexes there will be relatively cheap and you will never see Argon there.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

EMPC / Poltergeist 'Plex, Pluto

Picture

HQ support 'Plex, Megnir

Picture

No Argon, Xenon and pirates are another question though...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Your complexes are so much neater than mine, I have two atm (since restarting on the Argon side, since v2.0):

RF Complex 1 - 1MJ Shields / Microchips (Antigone Memorial)
Picture

This has 72 stations (19 x 1MJ shields, 12 x micro chips). This was the first one to be built (so money was limited). The complex is mostly self sufficient - one TS helps with energy cells. The single TS saves me buying another solar power plant, crystal fab etc.

RF Complex 2 - Weed/Booze (Freedom's reach)
Picture

This complex has 42 stations (3 x Space fuel L, 7 x Bliss place L's (one M)). This complex is self sufficient - well it has to be because there isnt any other stations around. I think the complex is 'balanced' now, so ill leave this one alone, as its kind-of finished.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

I want to build complex that makes me a lot of money, reading what you guys have put it seems that is not possible... as complexes don't make much money until they are really self-sufficient, and chucking out products t the speed of light.
- bozo64r

If they're open loop they need to be small enough to be supported by the local economy.
Once you go closed loop you can go very large indeed, though the start up costs will run into the hundreds of millions.
If you have a copy of Xadrian you can experiment with different set-ups to see what might be achieved.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Picture

so thats my complex does alot of small stuff i use has 43 stations on it right now.its not done yet but when it is i can make a ship from my HQ and fit it all out,i can already do my M3's like this now all i need are some gauss cannon fab,PPC fab and FAA fab and i should be all set.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

You need to log-in to post here.