New exploration player with a few questions.

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » New exploration player with a few questions.

owall

owall avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 month ago.

Hey!

So I picked up the game a few days ago and have spent much of my time reading guides, getting used to the various gameplay mechanics, ways of making Cr, and decided exploration is the way for me especially after finding out you can have your name associated with planets if you get there first!

I used EDDiscovery to discover and map my first few high paying worlds near my starting area that got me into a ASP Explorer and fitted it with D class modules. Now I'm all set and ready to go. I'm currently heading towards Sag A* on a downward angle.

How likely is it to find a system that's been 'untouched' ? Granted I'm not to far out from my starting area. Would I be right in thinking that heading towards https://vlc.onl/ Sag A* is already a well beaten path and instead go out towards the edges of the galaxy for a better chance at finding undiscovered systems?

Is there a way to see what I've already discovered and the reward for each discovery while I'm out exploring? I've only seen it in station when selling discovery data.

Fuel Scoop. Can someone ELI5 this to me? I either scoop fuel to slow or burn up rather quickly. I guess there is some sort of sweet spot I can just sit an idle it at?

You need to log-in to post here.