anyone out there?

Home Board Index » Playstation 3 » anyone out there?

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

has anyone on here ever played Dragon Age: Origins? what about the awakening expansion?

if not, it's a great game, and you should all try it!

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

I played it and platinum the game, although never brought any add-ons for Dragon age. Dont those guys talk very very slowly?.. "Yes.. Duncan said.. Zzzz"... Poke

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

lol yeah, they do. i find myself skipping through the speech sometimes just cuz i'm bored of hearing them talk.

i've played: origins, golems, darkspawn, and awakening.

the golems DLC is interesting, all about a old dwarven thaig where they're trying to make golems again, with blood magic. needless to say it's a bit creepy, but still cool. you get some GREAT items when you beat it.

the darkspawn one was fun too. you get to be a hurlock general, commanding other darkspawn and attacking denerim. you kill most of the main characters of the game through the seige of the city. the sword you get when you beat the add on isn't very good, but it's still worth it if you have the cash to spare.

awakening is kinda wierd. it's about two thirds length of the regular game. what makes it weird though, is that it's an extension on the reguar game. now you might be wondering how that makes it weird, so i'll explain. the item bonuses and stats spread, just gets rediculous. you end up doing so much damage, so fast, that it's rediculous. maybe it's just because i'm playing on normal difficulty, but the enemies are stupid easy to kill too. i can wade in solo, and kill groups of like 10 darkspawn with no problems.

anyways, i'm just looking forward to DA2 to come out. hopefully they changed it enough to make it interesting again.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Ive just completed origins, wasnt bad - didnt like it forced you around 3 times although the money glitch helped. They probably fixed it by now.

the golems DLC is interesting, all about a old dwarven thaig where they're trying to make golems again,

This sounds very similar to the Asuran in guild wars. They are too short and make golems.

but it's still worth it if you have the cash to spare.

Does the money glitch still work?

he item bonuses and stats spread, just gets rediculous. you end up doing so much damage, so fast, that it's rediculous.

That does sound silly. Where's the challenge if you can wipe them all out without trying?

i'm just looking forward to DA2 to come out. hopefully they changed it enough to make it interesting again.

The trouble for me and these types of games that many now seem to be focusing on DLC. Take Fallout: New vegas - it said there will be 4 DLC's for it. The game hasnt been out long and they are already working on getting you to buy more content. This makes me want to wait for the game of the year edition, where I can get all the DLC and the main game all together.

I will defiantly look into DA2, hopefully its not DA1 with a different story. 4 hours later they might of finished talking.... Smile

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

This one!

By the way I'd like to welcome jacer08, I noticed few days ago that he has bacame a PS3 staff member Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well if you want PS3 rights snow, just say and ill add them to your account. I havnt added before because you said you were interested in the 360 and not the ps3?

ps. Thats the game we talking about - looks way more polished in the video.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well, I'm not sure if I can become since I don't own yet, but when I do I'll surly be glad to join, actually for me PS3 is better than XboX 360 since I'm a
sony player like you guys but I wanted to buy the XboX 360 first because my brother is insist, he's on the other side Borg

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Congratulations on the new rights snow Smile

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Thanks brother Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Thanks for the welcome tiger!

on the subject of PS3's and 360's, i'd have to say that there is a much larger online gaming community for the 360. most of the guys that i work with have 360's and they all talk about playing Call of Duty online with each other.

i'm just a sony fan.

as for dragon age, i'm pretty sure it's out on he 360 and PS3, if you wanted to try it out. if i were you i'd just wait for dragon age 2 to come out. i think it comes out in the middle of march, not sure what date exactly.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well I would of thought you should be able to get dragon age fairly cheap now, and would of thought it would be on both systems.

I personally went for the PS3 for the name and reported reliability at the time. There's some great games on both. If your brother got a 360, cant you use his? :P

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I personally went for the PS3 for the name and reported reliability at the time. There's some great games on both. If your brother got a 360, cant you use his? :P
- Roguey

Of course I can, but he didn't get one yet Smile
by the way, have you ever tried any of the older game consoles?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

yea I have: Master system, Mega drive, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2 and PS3.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

As for me I have Sega and PS2 Smile

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

i've never heard of the master system and mega drive. are those older brittish systems?

i grew up with a nintendo, never upgraded to the SNES. my next system after that was the N64, awsome console. then i got the PS2, and eventually the PS3.

oh and i've played PC games for quite a while too.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well if I remember correctly the mega drive was the genesis in the US. This thread gone abit off-topic Smile

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.