Learning the game

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Learning the game

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

well I am learning the game got a wheat farm up and making money, took some time since I had to figure out since I had to adjust the credits thing.
Then i went back to argon prime and started a mosquito missile fac. still trying to get adjusted going .the treasure hunt plot has started. but I not got to it yet. Tried the fast and furious plot 3 time got killed on first mission . I did capture a pirate susanva m3 fighter want a nova but this is faster. Should I do the treasure plot before I contune the fast furious plot? any sugestiopn would be helpful. O I forgot I have 6 freights on u trader and my cash is around 3.5 mil.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just completed the Treasure Hunt a few days ago.
The 'reward' of Xperimental Shuttle should help me with other missions.

I have tried the Final Fury mission a few times, and also got my butt smoked!
I think that the Xperimental Shuttle, once completely fitted out, will make Final Fury a little easier to complete.

The Xperimental Shuttle can take 6 Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannons, a nice variety of missiles, a 200 MJ shield, and a has a top speed of 321 m/s.

The 250 unit cargo space is a little limited once you have shields and weapons loaded, but taking along a freighter (with jump and transporter on both) for missile re-supply could help. This is what I'm planning for the Final Fury plot.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

i have completed the treasure hunt too. till now i was building factories and making credits. for now on i'll start the HUB plot. i think its a wonderfool game that will keep me for a long time. this site will help me to answer to any questions i have.
thanks to Roguey he created this...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I never completed the treasure hunt missions myself: started them and did a few clues then moved onto something else lol

The HUB plot does take a long time to complete - so many resources are required to complete it. Although I did use the drone glitch to clone most of the wares.

thanks jmmallian Smile

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

well I got my mosquito going cannot keep them stock,the two wheat are not doing tgat geeat.Need to try cloning wares to raise cr.trting to do tresure hunt now.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hasnt cloning wares been fixed in v3.2? Bricks

jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

from what i saw till now the factories are making credits are solar plant and crystal fab. and secondary everything buys trading station Smile

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Will the ship yards ever offer any m7?I get lot of m6s most I n keep got 6, would be nice to get one even just the hull.Can a miner be set up as eather a auto minner or ssectionsl miner?Ihave several minerasmost are minning minerals fty or my fac.But I have ti tell them t ok do that. Might be ne as t to havea miner or 2mine and sell to any fac. In the area..Also how do yoi find someone in the game?I had pearle in a cargo bay,that ship got destroyed retrived him.Some how he got back, out to spacetried to retrive him again and he was gone.will I need a bio scanner? It in Argon prime so most unlickly pirates. I search the sector to n ok avile.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Will the ship yards ever offer any m7? I get lot of m6s most I n keep got 6, would be nice to get one even just the hull
- Scott

For sale? as do they do, just look through. Or do you mean offered via coms? as I checked the mission in X3AP and only up-to M6 are offered.

Can a miner be set up as either a auto miner or station miner?
- Scott

Dont you need to install the correct stuff? like an ore collector and software? I dont think you can tell a ship to mine for a station, but you could ask it to mine then land on station. However if you doing this for a station or complex, then its probably better to place an mine on the asteroid, tow it close enough (with a tractor beam) and connect it with an complex construction kit.

Also how do you find someone in the game?
- Scott

You dont normally, unless its part of a quest. If it is part of a quest, the next location should be high-lighted with an orange cross-hair. However if its not part of a quest, can simply eject them.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I am talking a about the guy Pearle, had him in catgo bay but not there now Also I noticed that at least in two sectors,parite bases are there that wetr not there earlier..Cackle Plate Green the base is by the ebtrance not in the insertion sector.Is this the God engine or part of the game? And can they be removed? Thanks

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

If Pearle was a passenger that remained on-board after a failed mission, he got off at the next station you docked at.

I have 'captured' astronauts after buying their ships while it is in space and most have remained on-board. But sometimes they will get off at a station.

Pirate Bases that get destroyed re-generate just like Corporate HQ, Equipment Docks, Shipyards, and I think some other stations.

I do not know if a "new" station can show up in a sector that is not supposed to be there unless the player builds/puts it there.

I have not seen any additional stations in my game.
It may be possible. Maybe someone else can tell us.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok got couole more questions.I got a new ship for a trader,tranfed aall nerded ssoftwarrthen troed to put ttader on new ship,did not appera to eork. So how do I do it?Also how do I fire misslies manueley? Thanks

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

sorry about my last post from my phone. Ok how do I fire missiles manually? still unable to do the Terran plot because Pearle is missing hoe do i fine him? thanks

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

for missiles, you press 'm' to equip/cycle them. then 'L' to launch.

for the npc... man i don't know. if he died in the ship I would have reloaded an old save. Have you tried going back to where you got the mission and seeing if you can start it again by (im guessing) contacting the station?

What happens if you abandon the mission?

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

another question I have is how do you set up a space fuel station without everyone getting made at you ?I saved bought one and lost my argon police lincses and every patrol that came by got shot at be my laser tower. regardless of what it. It is sold ad Argon shipyards yet can not set it up. would it need to be ina way out sector?say a unknown. Also. I had a paritae base show up in scale plate green,and checking the sector maps here ,there is not one. and ideas? thanks everyone here is very helpfull

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well if you build the complex in an unknown sector then the police/patrols will ignore it. You wont need to hire any ships to sell the stuff, they come you to. Usually they come in such numbers that they will buy it faster than you can make it.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.