New universe, new game, NEW FRIEND

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » New universe, new game, NEW FRIEND

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello again everyone!!!

I watch with pleasure how my "Rebirth expectations and more" post groves. I'd like also to thank everyone who activly participate in extanding it. Due to size of the subject I'd like to ask all of You to speak Your mind here about HER.

Ego revealed that in Rebirth we (player) will have company in our journey in unknown.
"...and his unlikely female ally"

So my questions are:

1. In what tasks / jobs She should be able to help us? In what She should be halpful?
2. What duties She should have ? (except constant supply of Beer Wink )
3. What abilities She should have (should they be extended during the in-game progress)?
4. If we will have freedom of movement on ship (maby 1st person) how She should look like ?
Feel free to write all of Your expectations here.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello again jaml, Smile

Does 'She' remind us of 'Saya Kho' in X-Reunion? or this time she plays bigger role(s)? I don't actually know Nod
Or might be, Ego tries to make us forget the 'one player ship' LOL

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

:D Nice one!
I though almost about same thing.

What to do when player buid his empire, win everything - in new X answer is simple: The last quest will be "The Family" (hopefuly not Split) LOL

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

But wait a minute, why (do you think) has Ego decided the 'one player ship' idea?

I guess, for the new interface design, every single ship should have its own cockpit and inner-ship design and that would be so hard and consuming of time, as X Rebirth already took too much time, don't you think Question mark
So I think that for next games (after Rebirth, if any), the player may have more than one player ship Driving, say one ship for each ship class.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes its possible. I think it is also matter of 'rooms' on ships. As we know there will be VR room (and probably some others too). Plus we will have at last one character aboard - Her Smile - As You said inner design. I just hope it will be worth it. I think only vanilla will be limited to one ship idea...

Anyway, our new friend will need to be smart one. If for example we go to VR room, to take direct controll of destroyer in battle, She will take control of our ship. What She will do if some pirates or xenons or other enemies attack us? Player will be bussy becouse VR - so She need to be really good pilot. I wonder what other things She will be able to do???

Maby:
- finding good trade opportunities
- take care of some damaged ships (order them to go to shipyard to do nessesary rapairs and after go back to work)
- maby during boarding she can take control of our ship with, attack shields order and player in VR can control M7M
(in XRM mod Im flying Heavy centaur prototype as shield destroyer in boarding ops and it do the job!)

There is plenty of jobs that She can help player with.
I just wonder will She evolve with game progress. And not only main/side plots. What I mean is: will She be similar to RPG characters. More jobs completed = better skills ???

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't know much about Rebirth yet, but maybe someone like Roguey knows some answers for these questions? but I understand that we may have ran out of patience for waiting Rebirth, however I shall say I'm still playing AP now, a Terran Commander by the way, played just few game-days and these ATF/USC ships are so interesting, to me at least. Smile

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Raptor its ok Smile we are all blind here. Its only wishlist about Her (female ally). So if there is anything on Your mind - just write about it here Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I know nothing more than you guys - I dont have any special access on the egosoft forums nor do I have any talks/conversions with ego. So sorry guys I cant help with what the 'special' female role is at all. I guess if knew I would be bound to a NDA anyway.

However I do hope her role is actually useful than just a side-thing (which is useful just a few times). ie. a tutorial helper.

The supplying of beer:
Picture - very useful

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The supplying of beer: ... - very useful

Well, but I've heard that 'beer' contains alcohol right? and I know that many people drink beer unfortunately. But if it does contain any amount of alcohol, then its doomed (don't drink it Smile) because of its bad/evil effect even though that effect is temporary. And you know brain is the core, and a compromised/drunk core lead to regrettable consequences.
Although most of whom drink beer might not be glad to hear that, but i shall courteously/genially remind Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Raptor its ok, we are all blind here. Its only wishlist about Her (female ally).

Ok then, first of all I want her so smart/intelligent but she will never be smarter than me anyway..., oh yeah Wink
I'm the commander Driving and she should support me.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes, I was thinking about similar things. I wonder will there be possibility to "program" Her, so some things will be done automaticly. For example if any ship take damage, she will send it to rapair then back to work that ship was doing before accident. And if at anytime, any ship is damaged this process will be repeated.

Will there be posibility of customise actions that She will take depending on variables, example:
If target(ship->hull)>50% then rapair;
If target(ship->hull)<50% then ask player what to do Smile

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Why would we need to repair our ship... from the sounds of it there will be no reason to do anything with it because as a jack of all trades ship it will probably be worthless... See Dark Star One.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Maybe she is just part of your crew if the player ship is corvette size or bigger.. It kind of makes sense.
She will probably be part of the storyline also.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I wonder how you guys think one person can go repair the ship when damaged; do you expect her to go outside in a space-suit to repair the hull (what if the ship is under-attack)? how many times would you forget she is out there and just fly-on? LOL

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I try to explain...
I dont want Her to go outside and manualy rapair ships. I think She could be like manager to which I can give some jobs.
So if any of my trade ships was damaged, She gives orders to pilot to fly to shipyard, rapair ship, then return to this pilots previous job.
Example
Mercury1 - job: sector trader (range 1), ship damaged but survive, HER Order 1st: fly to nearest shipyard and rapair ship, resupply Fighter Drones and Mosquito Missiles, 2nd: Start sector trader (range 1).
I (player) get only message from Merkury's 1 pilot and Her that He was attacked by Pirate Buster in Cloud Base South West, ship was rapaired and ressupy, total cost = 111111 Credits.
So I dont need to do it manualy myself.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think we have a long wait regardless... The video's they posted where they are still rendering suns was made some time around Christmas. Twitter photos show the three people in the videos have the same haircuts and facial hair at that time, other photos show them with different features before and after Christmas.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.