Jonferco reputation?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Jonferco reputation?

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello all, I've only started playing x3 albion for about a week now but I'm almost obsessed about it. Anyway, I've been searching around for a new ship and I found info about a heavy centaur protopype that I want and can be aquired by getting top reputation with Jonferco.
Now my problem is that I don't know how to get that kind of reputation. Below here is my pilot reputation so far:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1818/ranksg.jpg

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi and Welcome Dutzan.

You need to head to Jonferco HQ, which is located in Albion Beta sector.

From my knowledge from TC (I haven't started AP corp rep yet.. not sure if there the same) You will get a standard first mission. They are always the same... no matter what (until you complete it). After the first mission, you will then get, random missions along the way.

It's always best to save before accepting any mission from any corporation.Every time you abort/fail a mission, you will occur a small rep loss with that corporation.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi and welcome to the site,

Ive been playing as the Terran Commander, so I havnt really looked into the corporations much. I dont know if it applys to X3AP, but Deadbeat_Spinn wrote a guide on the corporations for X3TC, here. Is it still relevant for X3AP?

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks for quick replies. Yea, I got to that jonferco hq and have been trying to get missions fro it and from other jonferco stations but no new title line has appeares so far in my pilot tab. Don't know if this has any relevance, but I started with argon peacekeeper scenario and did have some missions for them as part of the main plot I think. Place 3 laser towers, give some computer chips etc. But I stopped doing the main plot because battles have goten to near game breaking lag point and I read somewhere it's an old bug related to the main missions.
Anyway, the JF hq had a mission once requesting engine parts. But I didn't take it cause I couldn't find where to get them from. Now I guess I'll camp near it and see what other missions pop up.

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

From what I remember. The missions are few and far between. Once you see a mission, you kinda have to jump on it. The missions aren't consecutively, one right after the other. It takes time.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, and about the guide, it says that the first mission is always the same, in the case of JF a person transport mission. Now since it offered me that other mission.. not sure what it means, I just hope I don't have to reset anything with scripts if I fudged something up.

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Your probably fine. That guide is from X3:Terran Conflict, not honestly for X3: Albion Prelude. They might be different when it comes to the corporation reputations. Not sure....

But in any case, your getting missions from Jonferco Corp. That's all that matters.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Just did a mission to deliver some military to a teladi station. Delivered them, got mission successful but still no new reputation. Downloaded the script, but unfortunately it won't work with Albion Prelude, just Terran Conflict, which I tried.
Oh well at least I got reminded how good the fps was in the beginning without any plot missions.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Your probably fine. That guide is from X3:Terran Conflict, not honestly for X3: Albion Prelude. They might be different when it comes to the corporation reputations. Not sure....
- Relicalchaos

That was something I was worried about. Some-things in X3AP havnt changed since X3TC but some have. I am not not sure about corporations myself. Has I started with the Terran commander start.

If I see an heavy centaur prototype myself, I will just board it Smile

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I saw some too, but haven't boarded any ship yet. Anyway, I just archived my save folder and started a new game, same pilot but won't follow the plot line. Ran directly to the jonferco hq and still no mission.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Sounds like boarding is the easiest way of getting it, although boarding does take awhile to get some good marines. However once you get a few good marines, then claiming a few ships isnt a problem.

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I saw some too, but haven't boarded any ship yet. Anyway, I just archived my save folder and started a new game, same pilot but won't follow the plot line. Ran directly to the jonferco hq and still no mission.
- dutzan

Each corporation is "tied" to faction/race. So if you check http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=268342, you'll see that Jonferco, you need at least Neutral/Freindly with argon. Every scenario start, has different reputations with different factions/races.

Are you sure you started a new game as Argon Peachkeeper (or a similar start with the rep requirement)? The Image you posted earlier of your reputations, that game was the Argon Peachkeeper scenario. Make sure you selected the same thing in your new game (or a scenario start with the rep requirement). Look at the image below. This is how you can see what SCenario start you selected.

Picture

Sounds like boarding is the easiest way of getting it, although boarding does take awhile to get some good marines. However once you get a few good marines, then claiming a few ships isnt a problem.
- Roguey

eh. I just said screw it and bought the Heavy Centaur. If I honestly wanted a protoype, I would've done the same. Just set up a boarding party. Besides, its only an M6. SO just a handful of marines trained a few stars "should" be enough.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't think the Corp missions are enabled for AP, or at least not yet.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't think the Corp missions are enabled for AP, or at least not yet.

- Ripskar

Straight out of the X3AP Manual. Corporations are enabled.

Picture

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Where did you get the manual?
It looks suspiciously like page 8 of the TC manual...

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Where's the manual? I didnt see it in my steam folder.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.