Xenon Q AP 2.0

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Xenon Q AP 2.0

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok grrr!!!

i have just spent 4 hours trying to cap a Xenon Q with my cobra and Sirokos i am flying the cobra and have taken down the shields to 1% then i am keeping the shields down perfectly timing it perfectly between 1% - 3% i then order my Sirokos to send over in boarding pods 21 5star(100%) marines via the C 5 1 menu (piracy menu).

they connect EXACTLY at the same time !!

OK !! time to save !!

Next still keeping shield down to below 5%

until they enter perfectly syncronised on deck 1 time to save!!

next 1 sec later 19 marines (reload!!) same again same again same again same again same again 18marines same again ok go back to previous save they had landed same problem die before numerous times on deck 1.

ok go back to previous save try again perfect land try again and again cannot get 21 marines in 4 hours off deck 1 without 1 dying and i know it can't be capped with less than 21. i have tried with 22 exactly same issue.

Please Please for my sanity any advise.

i have had no problems capping brigatines,galleons,shuri's,akumas,paranid m1's but this seems impossible.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

You aren't likely to board a Xenon ship with only 20 marines, even if they are all 100's. You need to launch more once they get into the ship to ensure enough make it to the end. You WILL lose marines, I think it is actually hard coded that you lose 1 per level no matter what.

The extra pods will land, and the extra marines will join in and replace dead marines at the next level.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

you did not read correctly !!

i have launched 21 marines

21 marines have boarded

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

well for one you can't keep reloading like that in AP, the outcome will always be the same. Are your guys all 100 in each skill? Did you destroy the defenses? even under optimal conditions your looking at 50% or more loss on marines.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

ok now this is interesting comment ....

not even near the ship 20km and flailing it keeping shields down only.

my TWENTY ONE MARINES(21) are 100% in everything fighting,hacking,engineering,mechanical.

whats not been done is wipe its defenses..

i have watched a youtube video capping a Q did exactly the same but i am not getting the same results.

it did not mention wiping defences though

OOZ662

OOZ662 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Boarding Xenon ships is immensely more difficult than commonwealth ships. I think I read it got even more difficult in AP as well.

Also, even though you're firing 21 marines, I'm pretty sure only 20 will fit in the ship, as M7s can only hold 20 marines. Pretty sure it applies to boarding as well. I've heard you should fire more marines as they die off, as 20 isn't enough. I've never bothered to try, but I'm assuming you can use the Bioscanner to keep track of your remaining marines on the enemy ship.

(I'm also wondering how you're firing 21 marines when only 20 will fit in an M7...is the Sirokos able to carry more for some reason?)

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

You can use R and check the personnell tab to keep track of marines on boarding. And yea, as a dedicated boarding ship, I think the sirokos can carry 30 marines.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I think you need around 40 marines to successful board the Q, as Xenon ships are very hard ships to board. Other than the achievement, its probably not worth the effort. I dont really see whats too great about Xenon ships either.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

you did not read correctly !!

i have launched 21 marines

21 marines have boarded

- suzukigsxr

My point was that 21 isn't enough most of the time. I used 28 to board the I, and it took multiple reloads to do. 21 usually isn't enough for Xenon ships.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok sometimes it takes fresh day and lots of advice

so thanks to all!!

this morning i had fresh go at this bugger lol!!!

i had 34 marines but last night only used 21 as i thought that would have been enough but heh you learn!!

i sent off my 21 again let them cut through i was 20km away ,so i then sent the extra 13 marines from my cobra they connected while other marines at level 2 they joined at level 3.

the long and short of it 20 marines survived with a Q 91% hull intact and 6 IBL's 4 ion cannons (SWEET!!!).

Oh and on a side note

flail barrage worked again i had posted that on m2's it working sometimes and not other times (strange)

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Awesome! I am also happy, since I just boarded my second I. This one cost me 11 5 star marines, but I wanted two I's and now I have them.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

DAMN YOU martimus !!!!!!!

I am scared of I's when i updated to 2.0 xenons went Mad !!!

i have satellite alerts in thyns abyss,getsu fune,Menelaus Paradise and black hole sun,grand exchange
mainly where xenons pop out of xenon sectors to visit and say hello lol !!

i park my self in Black hole sun most of the time keeping an eye on weavers tempest as i have blown up all factories waiting for Yaki TL to renew i want my own IBL Factories !!

but anyway before patch never seen a Xenon I

after patch i had an alert in thyns abyss i watched 2 I's rampage right clearing any ship m1'2,m2's everything through to menelaus paradise and back into xenon 597 destroying everything in its way ship wise ..

Family Njy now looks like its a very empty sector.

now grand exchange never stops pouring out of xenon 598.

but i digress

please advise how to cap please i want revenge lol !!

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I will tell you how I did it. I found one (actually two) in Xenon Core. I spammed hammers at all the other capitals (killed 2 K's, 2 J's and countless Q's) enough to clear the gate. Then I jumped in my Guppy and Hyperion with an additional 8 five-star marines. I burned away from the center of the sector, while shooting at the I to get its attention. Once I was out 30km form him, I matched speed, and killed off any fighters, P's, or Q's that spawned to help him. Once he was sufficiently far from the center of the sector (away from where any spawning Xenon could kill him once I took control), I reloaded with the missiles from the Guppy (It carries an additional 450 hammers and 600 flails) and worked down the shields of the I. I was around 25km from it the first time and 20km from it the second time.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the I can and will barrage Firestorm torpedoes at you. Make sure you shoot them down! They will kill you. He usually fires 3 at a time. Once he runs out, he will fire hornets at an ungodly rate. These aren't such a big deal, just point you rear end at them and let your flak take them out (assuming you are using a Cobra)

On to the boarding. It took me a little while to figure out the timing of it. The shields recharge very fast, so 1 flail a second or so is needed to keep them down. While the marines are in route, transfer the extra 8 marines from the Hyperion, and keep running 1 flail a second, and shooting a flail at each firestorm he fires. Once the marines land, launch the second set of marines; they should meet up with the first around deck 3-4. Save before the first set make it in. This is the save you will need to come back to if you don't have 16 or more marines once you make it through all 5 decks.

If you don't have at least 16 marines still alive when the 5th deck is clear, they will all die. I had 14 alive when the 5th deck was clear, and they all died instantly. You will need at least 16 alive after all 5 decks. Once they start hacking you can save, and come back if you want to get different drops, but at that point the ship is yours.

I killed the second I in the core, because it had hull damage. It respawned in Xenon sector 695. This is where I took the second I. Same method, burning away until it was sufficiently far and all the supporting fleet was dead.

Picture
pic of the two I's.
Picture
Pic of the I in action.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

wow, nice one martimus! You need 16 marines on deck 16 otherwise fail? Eek

how many marines did you send in? im guessing a lot?

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

wow, nice one martimus! You need 16 marines on deck 16 otherwise fail? Eek

how many marines did you send in? im guessing a lot?
- Roguey

I used 28 marines both times. This was a function of having 20 on my Cobra and 8 on my Hyperion that was dollowing me. I never would have been able to board either ship without the Guppy for resupply or the Hyperion for the extra marines.

I lost 9 marines the first time and 11 marines the second.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Im wondering if the I was really worth all them marines? I guess its an trophy more than anything.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.