Offers of help

Home Board Index » X3AP » Rogueys X3AP Mod (Public) » Offers of help

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi there @Maverick. Well hopefully I have completed the new universe but it needs people to check things, like if a station is too close, docking issues, unfinished areas, or you feel the economy of a race is lacking a station etc.

Basically look around and report they think of the new universe. I know I need to get the in-game map better.

Btw, the thing about stations hitting happens more in terran sectors because their stations are much bigger.

So if you're willing to look around, let me know.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes Roguey, I can do that, just tell me what I need to do to get mod into my game and I can try a few things out to see what happens and report back, do I need to run any cheats or anything like that?

Just tell me what I need and I'll give it a go, more than happy to help out, after all, I've had my share of help from your site, so if I can give something back... I'm more than happy to help out.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well cheats would help you get around, but wouldnt be a fair test of the economy. So it depends what you are willing to test. ie. checking stations, landing on them etc. or to actually try and build a little empire based on the new map.

But any testing is welcomed! Finding bugs or suggesting improvements can be easily changed now, as when it goes to public release it is much harder to correct (people tend not to want to restart their game). But I want feedback, cos its useful to know. The only downside to testing is from time to time you may need to restart your game. Hopefully thats not that big of a problem.

You should have access to the hidden section, where you can suggest, download and get all the stats etc.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok Roguey, no problem, will get to it today.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I help test of what ever not able to script as i do not understand

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well for now id like to see what happens with people; hopefully we see some good interest to encourage future versions. Xenon already has a new Xenon ship in the works Smile

calmb4

calmb4 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Not entirely sure I'd be much help Roguey, done some scripting for things like quake etc, fairly proficient with blender and learning java ATM for ma degree so basic understanding of programming, 1st trimesterl. Just away to break for summer so have few months off and any type of coding/modelling etc would certainly be useful to me.
I'll need to find sum tutorials on x3 editing/scripting but I'm game dood

Castlusion

Castlusion avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I know I am late to it. But love what you have done. I will be working on first fixing the quest from AP. In the end I want to do all the quest from TC. If you do not have something (say the hub) you will start the AP quest and be given the chance to get them through the AP quest line. I know it is a big undertaking, but I have some time I want to devote to this. I will at least "sign up" to do the AP quest line and get it going. I will need play testers and critics of course Smile. May take me a bit but I do not see anything in the X universe for me after this is done.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Well if you check the post above yours, you will see this thread is well over a year and since then I have stop working on any mods for the x-games.

Castlusion

Castlusion avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I am sorry i know you have but thought maybe other that are still working on it? forgive me if I am wrong but the X-rebirth has left a bad taste in my mouth but I still wanted to give something back here as your mod gave me some thing worth playing, that did not have a monthly fee as I could not afford at this time. I will still be working on it if you know a better place to post on this please let me know.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Well, when I was working on the mod (way back), I had just a few offers to help; and in the end it pretty much came to me alone. This made me feel like less people wanted the mod too; so after the first release, there wasnt any-more. I think XR did a lot of damage to its mod/script makers unfortunately.

Castlusion

Castlusion avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I am sorry I wish I had still been with the X-universe when you worked on the mod back when I had a few years out of gaming for IRL issues and education. I came back to TC and AP right as XR was getting ready to launch. I had just finished both of those when I found your mod after I had tried XR (after it had been out for a while) Just my opinion but I like your MOD far better then XR and think you added content while staying truer to the X series then they did with XR.... Just my opinion any way not worth much, wont even buy you a cup of coffee any where Smile Ill just work on them for me i some times save games i have worked on and come back to them years latter and play them all the way through again ...
Hope you enjoy what ever you are working on these days and know some of us are very thankful for the work you have done.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

thanks for your understanding. Making mods does take a lot of effort (especially recreating a whole universe). At the time there didnt seem the interest. Back in the X3 era, I used to get a lot of comments/advice about the mod I was working on. Its a shame but just the way things go unfortunately.

Castlusion

Castlusion avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

You have done some of the best work i have seen on any game.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.