Capping Capital ships

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Capping Capital ships

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

so, this may be a dumb question, but i just wanted the community oppinion.

i just had a M6 piolt bail, and i want to cap it, but it won't let me. i tried doing it from outside my ship, and from in my ship with override softwhere. i have heard that you can't claim anything bigger than a M3+, but i wasn't sure.

also, if it is true that ego doesn't allow this, are there any scripts or mods that do allow capping of M6 and larger craft?

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

I think there is something in Roguey's mod that allows you to do it, he will be best to answer. I know I have done it before. There is a mission that allows you to capture a M7 the Wulfen in Roguey's mod.
Roguey, am I right in what I say.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

yeah, your right bozo - there is a limit to which ships you can capture - although I thought it was M7 and higher. Due to this, I asked cycrow if I could use his ship capture script (I felt it wasnt worthwhile writing a script when there was one around already). This script will allow you to capture anything.

The script can found here or inside my X3 mod.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

that's weird, i'll continue the game and see if this happens again. roguey, i have your mod installed, but it deffinatly didn't let me cap a split dragon Mk 2 with No Pilot set as the driver. maybe this was just a fluke.

thank you for the advice, if i run into the problem again i'll let you know.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

It's not clear whether you installed Roguey's mod after the M6 pilot bailed as a way to try to claim it or already had it installed. So the following only pertains if you had an unmodified game at the time. You can't get M6 pilots to bail in the first place in X3:Reunion. So the issue of being able to claim it would be moot. Now if we're talking about modified games, that would be another matter. I play unmodified so I can't speak to that.

If you believe you got an M6 pilot to bail in an _unmodified_ game of X3:Reunion, I would be happy to examine your save game and be amazed.

Because surely, in that whole time you were putzing around trying to claim that ship, in what must have been a HOLY CRAP moment of euphoria at bailing him, you saved your game. So you could continue to try other things to claim it later.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

In normal X3 games you cant claim anything bigger than M3.

However with my mod, random free ships do appear. However the larger ships cant be claimed like normal ships, but you will need an Salvage Claim Software upgrade to claim them (that's if you got my mod installed).

You need to log-in to post here.