Help installing mod

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Help installing mod

JosephOziah

JosephOziah avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi i just downloaded the x3 reunion and i can not load the Mod. i followed the install instructions and it tells me "access denied" please help

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there, which mod are you talking about? I guess mine?

where are you seeing this 'access denied' message?

JosephOziah

JosephOziah avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

yes it is your mod (great by the way). when i try to extract the mod in winRAR a screen pops up and says incorrect path unable to load Access denied by publisher .

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm, where are you extracting the files too?

JosephOziah

JosephOziah avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

C:Program Files (x86)EGOSOFTX3 Reunion.
then a window winRAR diagnostic messages
C:Users|userDownloadsRogueysx3Mod-v33b.zip:Cannot create ddsmake your own.txt
the system cannot find the path specified

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hi, I just downloaded the file and tried to extract the files. It seemed to be okay - sometimes the zip can get corrupted when being uploaded.

that is very strange; like your computer doesnt like that name or is protecting that folder. Try extracting it to another folder; and/or try another program to extract the files. Do you have a virus scanner in? maybe its protecting the program files folder?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

In Vista and 7, the Program Files folders are protected. You may need to run WinRAR as admin (Right click -> Run as Administrator) then make it extract the files to the proper place.

JosephOziah

JosephOziah avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

ok i will try both

JosephOziah

JosephOziah avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

YES!!! thank you guys!! works great!!

JosephOziah

JosephOziah avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

When do You get the new sectors

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

what do you mean? new sectors will be available for new games, as for the buyable they need certain requirements. check the spoilers section,

BigE

BigE avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm also having the same errors when I try to extract the mod files from the zipped folder. I tried both things that were suggested (re-downloaded file and unzipped it under administrator). I have Windows 8.1 as my OS. this is a list of just some the errors that come up when extracting the files.

! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create dds\Making your own.txt
! The system cannot find the path specified.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create dds\my_billboard.dds
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create maps\Goner.xml
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create maps\Khaak.xml
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create maps\Pirate.xml
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create maps\Station.xml
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create maps\Terran.xml
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create maps\Yaki.xml
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create mini-mods\ClassicRules.zip
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create mini-mods\GUI-1.zip
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create mini-mods\Mini-Mods.txt
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create mini-mods\no-mini-asteroids.zip
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create mods\Roguey X3 v3.cat
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create mods\Roguey X3 v3.dat
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create MOV\00800.dat
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create original\!plugin.acp.fight.attack.object.pck
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\!plugin.acp.fight.attack.object.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.plugin.Rogueys.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.random.autohull.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.random.events.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.random.FreeRandomShips.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.random.news.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.random.race.respond.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.randomattacks.main.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\al.terran.populate.main.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\galaxy.Goner.initplayership.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\galaxy.Khaak.initplayership.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\galaxy.Pirate.initplayership.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\galaxy.Station.initplayership.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\galaxy.Terran.initplayership.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\galaxy.Yaki.initplayership.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\lib.cycrow.formatnumber.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\plugin.roguey.AngrySplit.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\plugin.roguey.AutoHull2.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\plugin.roguey.bbs.abandoned-ship.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\plugin.roguey.bbs.autohull.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\plugin.roguey.bbs.BluePrints.pck
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RogueysX3Mod-v33b.zip: Cannot create scripts\plugin.roguey.bbs.boron.flakship.pck
! Access is denied.! Access is denied.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there @BigE,

to me it looks like you are trying to install the files into a folder where you need admin rights. try right clicking on explorer, and run as administrator, then try installing.

You need to log-in to post here.