new to this game

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » new to this game

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Been playing x3 Tc for a while, had reunion but not loaded in . Tried the other day. Big thing is controls seam to confusing but I starting to figure them out.open to suggestions

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

They're isn't much difference in controls, only that the mouse will default steer your ship and you need to press a button to use it in menus, as compared to TC/AP which is the other way round. If you are used to navigating menus with the mouse, this can be a bit of a hit to your play-style, but if you used the keys you should feel right at home. There is a couple of menu changes, where none of it really shows on your cockpit, slight changes of design too, but is generally the same; there isn't any boarding, which feels weird now, but can make it a bit easier; combat feels a bit more balanced; there is an actual storyline and there is less ships. I would really recommend installing a mod like Roguey's X3 mod or XTM, as Reunion can't really stand up to the newer games as it simply has less features; adding one of those larger mods can fill the gaps and make it have more of an attraction over TC/AP; also there isn't much point staying Vanilla, as there is no achievements to miss out on, so I would strongly recommend going modified. I love reunion, probably my favourite X game, but it is starting to show its age to me...

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I loved Reunion at the time...

But I'm so used to the TC interface now...I just couldn't go back. It was a great game, don't get me wrong, and you're quite right to say that XTM (TXM?) is an amazing mod, but simple things from X2, like 'o' to access something's owned ships, didn't carry over until TC. Besides, I know TC inside out now, it's like an old friend...

:p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I remmeber playing x3 a lot too; specially when making a mod for it.

as you said, it probably now feels really old; since playing TC/AP. Its a shame some of the newer features dont get ported backwards - such as the large sector map. although that didnt even get ported back to X3TC Cry

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ok I loaded the game x3 . then I downloaded rogueys mod , but it will not go into game keeps showing some errors do i need a plus manger ?

You need to log-in to post here.