station sub accounts.

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » station sub accounts.

brummie

brummie avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Can someone explain how to transfer credits into a sub account.
Also, who/what is a "remitee".
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Ps - X3tc vanilla.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can select your station/complex from your propert menu, hotkey "r" and open the station parameters. At or near the bottom of the menu you can transfer credits to or from your station with your personal account, just like a cargo transfer would work.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Under your command menu for the station/complex, you can order it to automaticaly transfer credits to your pocket once the station accumulates an amount of credits determined by you. Not sure what "remitee" is.

brummie

brummie avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

DangerClose:- thank you for your help, I am already familiar with what you say.
However, what I am looking at is - station
advanced
command console
none
administration com agent
station settings
money transfer
transfer money from sub account.
My question still remains - how do I put money into this sub account?.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

if youre going through the command console for the station, then the auto-transfer means when the station reaches set amount of money, it will transfer the money to your account. It will not take money from you account.

The only way to transfer money directly to the station is to adjust station parameters:

Picture

brummie

brummie avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey - thank you for your help, but I already know this.
How did you get that picture? and how did you insert it into your reply?.
It would save a lot of text if I could SHOW you what I mean.
to re-iterate. I am not looking to put money into/out of the Station account.
I am not looking to put money into/out of the players main account.
I want to know how to put money into the sub account.
Thank you.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

How did you get that picture? and how did you insert it into your reply?.

All you need to do is upload the image to host (like imageshack.us) then copy n paste the forum code, here.

I want to know how to put money into the sub account.

I didnt know there were sub-accounts? are you using a mod/script? as I know, there is the player-account and station accounts. Maybe a picture would help a lot.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Its part of the bonus pack, you can put money into Sub-Accounts via the station's command console; I guess it's a back up if it runs out of money? Unfortunately I don't know how you do this, hence why I hadn't answered, I also don't know why you would put money in them, but I don't know how they work so I can't judge. Have you had a look on the Ego forums? There must be a post on there about them...

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Its part of the bonus pack,

Ah, that explains why I dont know much about it - I normally run vanilla, vanilla.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

You don't even use CLS, CAG or MDM? Wow.....

I will be the one to take you down!
brummie

brummie avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey - the game is vanilla, no mods.
Randomtank - I'll take your suggestion.
To everybody who gave me advice - thank you very much.
End of thread for me.
Brummie.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi brummie,
It's not obvious from your post what you want the sub account FOR. I've never used one of them......... which probably shows there is at least 1 other way to achieve what you are trying to do anyway.
( This is often the case in X! Smile )

But I'll try to help (a bit) to get you going in the direction you've asked about.
Just in everyday life.....A person who spends/gives money 'remits' it.....the money is a 'remittance'....the person getting the dosh is the 'remittee.'

The sub account stuff you are talking about is for a station you don't want to keep putting money in to keep them going (It's NOT a seperate personal account!)
I THINK that:
The sub-account is so that your stations/complexes can transfer some of their profits to another of your stations/complexes{The remittee} that doesn't make a profit. Examples of that sort of station being....
#1 a station making weapons you want to keep, so the station needs money to pay for resources.
#2 your own equipment dock that you want to continuously buy things that you store or use.

I guess that most of us use our ships with CAG and CLS to achieve this type of objective.
Hope this helps,but if it doesn't please explain what you want to do with the account and I'll be happy to try again, ........if someone else hasn't already done so. Stay cool! Cool

I am an Alien!
DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh. For my headquarters and hub I just assign Universe Traders to them so they have money to buy necessary resources.

thegooseking

thegooseking avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

The sub account isn't actually for making sure your station has enough money, because there's no way for a station to draw money from the sub account; only to put money in the sub account. Only the player account can draw money from the sub account, and then only manually (it's confusing, because the command for the player account to draw money from the sub account is in each station's money transfer control panel, which would make you think it has something to do with the station, but it doesn't). In TC, the main advantage of the sub account was that it could hold over two billion credits, so if your player account was maxed out, you wouldn't lose money that your stations were transferring. But in AP, the player account can hold more than two billion anyway, so that advantage is lost. I'm not really sure what to use the sub account for in AP.

If you want to make sure your stations always have enough money, the best way I've found to do that is station account chaining. That seems to be what AlphanInfidel is talking about, but it doesn't involve the sub account at all. Set the remittee to another station's account, and set that station's remittee to yet another station's account, and so on, until the last station, where you set that station's remittee to the first station's account. The advantage of this is that if your owned facilities are collectively making a profit overall, each facility will take as much as they need (or as much as you've told them they need in the limit option on the money transfer control panel) from the profit and pass the rest onto the next one without you ever having to touch it (if they aren't making a profit you have other problems, but in the meantime you can give all your facilities a cash injection just by putting a bunch of credits in one station and letting it propagate). Stations hold onto their excess for a short while before passing it onto the next one, so it's quite easy to skim the profits that you think your stations don't need from whichever station is holding the biggest excess at the time, but this has the disadvantage that propagation is quite slow.

It would be nice if the remittee for money transfer could be split up: say, 10% goes to the player account and the other 90% goes to the next station. But that's not possible. It's all or nothing. entirely possible actually, if you combine money transfer with the auto transfer money to player account command. All you need to do is make sure the auto-transfer to player limit is higher than the limit you've set in the money transfer control panel. Say your money transfer limit is 1m and your auto-transfer money to player limit is 1.3m. Then the station will give the player account everything over 1.3m, keep 1m, and give the remaining 300,000 to the next station.

Picture
DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

That's a great idea! If my HQ has transports running around buying vast amounts of ship-building wares, I can make it so the complexes (I own) that it buys off of will automatically transfer excess profits back into the HQ! In X3R, keeping credits in the HQ was difficult, and I had hoped to remedy it with Universe Traders.
My first complex in TC never had enough silicon, so I had traders buying silicon, as well as selling product. I still worry about it and my nearby silicon complexes having enough credits, and that system would be a great solution.

You need to log-in to post here.