Noob HQ question

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Noob HQ question

sharkbait

sharkbait avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am new to the X3 game and have been trying to do my best to figure things out with out posting, but I am stuck. Roguey thank you for such a great site. It has helped me so much!

Went through the plot to get the HQ and deployed it. But I must doing something wrong. I can't seem to build or repair ships. All the required resources are there, it says needed resources 100%, production time just is stuck on 1 second.

For testing I started a new game and used your script to create ships but changed it to create a HQ. I scripted a bunch on wares that I needed but same thing. I am stuck and this is something I really wanted to figure out. Any ideas? Maybe a software upgrade supposed to be installed on the station that somehow is missing?

Thanks
Sharkbait

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. well you cant just script in a player-HQ, as you need to give it a start job or something - in the script editor, otherwise it will just sit there. as for resources, it could be at 100%, but there could be 1 ware out of stock, as it rounds up the numbers.

sharkbait

sharkbait avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey Thanks for the reply. So since my last post I decided to try purchasing AP (only $10) and give that a go. I did the same test in there and same result.

Here is the kicker through, I know the saved games are not compatible but I did something stupid and lost my TC saved game. I think during my attempts to move the game folder around to see if the plugin manager was the problem being in a protected directory (for another problem I was having that I figured out) I deleted my saved game...UGH.

So now I really want to figure out how to spawn a HQ with a script because I really don't want to go all the way through that again. I had a LOT of hours in that game and if I could recreate at least a few things that I had before it would not be so painful to start over. I am such an idiot... I am an IT guy for a living so I should know better.

Any ways what do you mean start job? How would I script that? I have re-installed the game fresh and added back a few stations I had and some of the ships. If I could get the HQ spawned that would be awesome.

Any ideas would be great!
Thanks
Sharkbait

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Use the cheat package or script editor to add the HQ to an empty TL. Then deploy it as you would normally. Et vóila Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
sharkbait

sharkbait avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I thought about that, but I can not find were the stations are listed. I don't see the stations under the wares. Can you provide a little more detail on that script? I will play around with it some more.
Thanks

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Target your phq and goto its extra commands like adding mosquito defence to a ship.. The option will be there.

sharkbait

sharkbait avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry I am trying to find that but I don't know where the extra commands are I am sure I am missing somethign simple. In another forum they were saying to create a TL with a HQ kit in side that. I can create the ship fine but I can't figure out how to add it to the cargo hold. In the script editor, station kits are not listed in the add ware section. Any thoughts? I am trying both ways here but not finding any luck.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

The PHQ is a Yaki station, NOT Boron as you might expect. I've never had to add an HQ to my game with the script editor, but using Cycrow's Cheat Script package you simply open the cheat menu, select your waiting TL and 'add Station to TL'. Then select Yaki stations, et voila Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
sharkbait

sharkbait avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It worked!! Thank you for you help! Ships are being built and everything seems to be working correct. I knew there had a to be a way.

You need to log-in to post here.