Mobile mining doubts

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Mobile mining doubts

Milchkuh

Milchkuh avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello, I started playing this game (terran conflict) about 5 days ago, so im pretty new to it. Ive been running the game with a lot of forum and wiki in the background checking every time I had doubts and so far managed to have a decent start.
So I decided I wanted to give a try to mobile minery. I saw the nvidium "exploit" process, tried it, saw it work but I really dont want to use that system.
My current situation in the game: Humble merchant, a pair of small Sector traders atm, made some credits by doing missions, acquired a Dragon as personal ship, saved more money via missions, bough an Elephant and some Caiman miners (I know its not even a good setup but as I said im new and quite like the Split designs).
So my questions are as follows:

1: After watching several videos and some egosoft forum guides: what is the adequate size of a broken asteroid (the stones) so that the ships can gather it and not crash into it? If I shoot one rock too much it gets destroyed but then the sizes are a bit confusing... do I just need to get visually used to it or?

2: Is it mandatory to have setup a destination station for my miners? because even when setting up a station (wanted to select a TS transport I had physically present in the same area but it doesnt appear in the map selection screen and neither if I dock it to a station).

3: While being OOS, why is it that when I order my miners (they are equipped with drilling systems, ore colectors, ore scanners and the required software)the "mine minerals" they give me the message "we are done" a few seconds after without having even started? I read somewhere that the rock breaking needs to be done manually but then the command I should give them is "collect rocks in sector" instead?

4: Due to question 3, therefore what is the proper use for "mine minerals"?

5: Since collect rocks in sector kinda works once im OOS: the nvidium system allowed an endless flow of ore/credits, if I break up an ore or silicon asteroid, get out and tell my miners to gather it, wont that mean that the ore or silicon flow will also be endless -dont want it to be endless- ?

Sorry if my questions are too stupid, obvious or confusing, but thats how I feel at the moment with this problem Smile .

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

its a shame someone else hasnt answered, as my experience with mining is a bit limited (sorry). I usually just smack into the fragments, and let the shields do the breaking up... or place a mine station on it.

I do know although the OOS mining is what people use to get endless credits. They normally use mine endless Nividium, then place them on a TL and sell the lot.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've had some issues with that, too. For nividium, I find you've gotta break the asteroid with your own drilling system, then order your guys to collect rocks. I wait until each of them has at least one rock in their bays, then jump out. From there, they seem to collect nividium and break the big chunks down automatically. DON'T GO BACK TO CHECK ON THEM, or the ones deep inside the asteroid feild will promptly crash.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

1. The rock will change color once small enough to collect. Don't concern yourself, the AI will know.
2. I don't know. I haven't been on in a while.
3. It depends on whether you've got asteroids or littler rocks.
4. Yeah, when you want to get a lot of ore and silicon.
5. Why wouldn't you want endless resouces?

You need to log-in to post here.