Argon Elite stuck

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Argon Elite stuck

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

MDM can be found in the bonus pack. I think you need Fight Command MK2. To enable it, it is under additional ship commands and select the first option for it. No idea what the second one does as i've never gotten it to work.

The fleet seems like overkill, one corvette is enough for most things. You can easily go from a corvette to frigate directly with no supporting fleet. Honestly nothing in TC is that challenging to where a fleet is needed. The only time i've ever put a major fleet together was for the end of the Final Fury plot. Even then a single destroyer is easy mode for that even at a high fight rank. I just wanted to use a fleet. The last plot, I think is Balance of Power and for that one my fight rank was extremely high and a destroyer would have been more than enough but I used a destroyer and a carrier for support. Basically just for the fun of it. AP on the other hand can escalate into fleet vs fleet pretty quickly, but I only played AP when it first came out and only did the plots available at that time. Didn't really get too much into it because of the unending war. But after this TC game is complete i'm going to play AP until I do pretty much everything possible.

As for mods... hmm there is one called Bounce that fixes that to some extent. It was mainly for preventing fighters from exploding on the hull of the carrier that just launched them. It also works for fighter wings. If you can find it on the egosoft forums (it should be in the modding sticky) he has a video of what it does exactly.

X3: Reunion is pretty good but difficult to play if you played TC first. I can't remember much of the story but it does have some neat things not in the more recent games. Flying inside a station, spying with drones, shooting pirates from a turret while flying through a city on a planet and dying repeatedly because it doesn't warn you that your Hyperion won't fit in the tunnel you are about to fly through. There is a lot more lore involved in Reunion so you get a good chunk of story and Reunion is mainly about the opening of the wormhole to earth. Oh and it also shows why there is so much debris in Presidents End. The mission director in TC is missing so you have to use the BBS which I always found painful to use. Because of that it is very hard to gain rep. So if you did a start like Bankrupt Assassin, you would be stuck for days killing pirates in border sectors to get enough rep to even dock.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, I'll look into it. I didn't bother with it due to heavy investments into economy and transport ships aka sector traders. Perhaps it is a bit of overkill but that's my military preference.
My goal in TC and AP is to have an economical and military dominance in the entire universe. Is Final Fury plot about kicking Kha'ak collective consciousness?

Exactly, where's fun of sending few ships while you can send tons of them and dominate/overrun entire sector? Big grin All you need is jumpdrive (not love as the Beatles sang Big grin)
Fleet vs Fleet in AP, thats neat! Big grin Massive battles are usually awesome as long as player is victorious Wink

I've found the mod, here it is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3504935 It'll be great to use, first I need to check it on my laptop. My pc is old and I have to struggle hard to make something work right.

This sounds awesome, I'm definetly buying Reunion tonight Big grin Can you tell me what happened in the President's End? I've just checked Reunion galaxy map and Argon Prime is under pirate control. How ?

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've just checked Reunion galaxy map and Argon Prime is under pirate control. How ?
- Martinez90

That is an error on the map. The offline version shows the right thing.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, good to know Smile I'm happy owner of X3 Reunion Smile
M3 Argon Nova Raider. I've got quite good weapons build for it.
Group 1: 2x HEPT 4xPAC 2xPRG - against M6 and M8 ships.
Group 2: 4xPAC - against M3 ships
Group 3: 4xPAC 2xPRG - against M4 and M3 Ships
Group 4: 2PRG - against M5 ships.
Rear Turret: 1xPRG serving as missile shield.

Kestrel has been equipped with 2xPAC, but it's mostly for scouting and buying some equipment in Venus sector to which I haven't got ATF access yet :P
Tomorrow I'm going to buy 2 fully equipped Scimitars although I'd prefer to buy these babies
This bounce mod works great! I'll install it on my PC tomorrow Smile
Are you really playing X3 TC now? Big grin

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Are you really playing X3 TC now?
- Martinez90

Yes. I was looking for you on Steam but can't find that username and is also playing TC recently.

Anyway my current game im lagging behind my fight rank. I am only flying a Yaki Susanowa Raider. It looks different than the image on the ship info page. This is what it actually looks like:

Picture

OFC carrying it around in a Boa that includes a Kestral scout. Getting corvettes spawning in missions now with no easy way to kill them. So I have to suspend my demolition career and focus on getting the trade empire started. Only have 2x L ore mines on 90 yield asteroids and a single sector trader Cry. Haven't started any plots yet either.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

How did you get Susanova Raider? Have you started playing as broke assasin? Smile
Corvettes are mean. If it wasn't for PAC equipped Magnetar supporting fighters and MDM I'd loose brand new Kestrel in small battle at Home of Light. I'm skipping fights for now unless there is AI fleet patrolling nearby. Go to Argon Prime and make 1MJ shield complex. It's very profitable business. Set Wheat complex in Omicron Lyrae. It's almost a gold mine location. Just make sure you don't accept missions which require you to build wheat farm M or L in Omicron Lyrea area.
About traders. Some sectors are huge, would it be wise to use 2 sector traders there?
Also, are you using bounce mod ? Have you ever used it?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just qurious Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

How did you get Susanova Raider? Have you started playing as broke assasin?
- Martinez90

I do the Humble Merchant start. I got the ship from a station protect mission.

About traders. Some sectors are huge, would it be wise to use 2 sector traders there?
- Martinez90

No, they tend to compete with each other. But if you set them to a range of 2 and overlap the radius by one sector they seem to work ok.

Also, are you using bounce mod ? Have you ever used it?
- Martinez90

No I am not using any mods other than the bonus pack. I have used it in the past though. It works pretty well with a carrier.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nice Big grin If they tend to compete each other then I'll just leave one trader per sector. There is a small problem. All transports from my Weed factory are on CAG standby while there are no energy cells to produce the weed. I had to manually send them to nearest SPPs and buy the stuff. How can I fix it ?
Bounce works well, if you want to use it I can send you a 3.2 wall file, because the one present in the file is already outdated.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

No thanks i'm good. I am playing to get the last of easier to get achievements: Reboot, and Fly Swatter (my list is here: http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/steam/user.php?id=411). So can't let my game get ***Modified***.

About the CAG, its really impossible to say what could be wrong with them. Is their buy price set to low? Are there hostiles in system? Does the station have enough money?

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Happy New Year 2014 Big grin
Ahh, achievements are important Big grin The only game on steam where I've got all achievements is CoD Modern Warfare 2. Can you tell me your Steam nickname? I will add you later when I'm back home.

Yes, the station has 200 000 credits and any money above it is being sent into my main account. I'll try resetting CAG settings to default. If it won't work, then I'll look into the CLS guide for dummies which is present at roguey's site Big grin

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

The Terran War Pack is on sale ATM for $10 USD.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I know, it's 10 euro for me and that is why tomorrow games will be registered here. Don't worry Smile
I've found you on steam. Invite sent.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok it's all registered on steam. I still can't get Weed complex to work. It's settings will be posted here later.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Happy New Year Sinxar and Martinez90 Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Happy New Year Raptor!

Ok guys here are my Weed Farm and CAG traders settings. Can you see here anything unusual that keeps 2 of them on idle or standby all the time ?

http://postimg.org/gallery/46esydsa/

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.