Station bankrupcy

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station bankrupcy

MrThingy

MrThingy avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've just started out in X3 TC so not sure of the many mechanics yet, including whether an AI station (i.e. one not owned by me) can go bankrupt and out of business? If so, I guess you can engineer things to out-compete them until they fall, then hike your prices when competition is gone.

On another note, is there a quick and cheap way to move a station so that I can use a construction kit to connect them? They are close ish in the same sector.

Ta

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

To move stations, you use a tractor beam. There are some TSs that can mount them but only one that can actually fire it due to the high energy cost. So normally you will want to move stations around with a tractor beam and a M6 corvette or larger.

That mechanic sorta exist. What happens is a station isn't used for some period of time then is removed by the game engine (A.K.A GOD Engine). Just so happens that tractor beam factories are one of the first to get removed. Then the Terran economy falls apart fairly quickly, making it extremely difficult to equip any terran ships you may have/be interested in.

In general though, having stations removed is normally a bad thing. If you are selling directly to NPCs they will not buy your product unless it is average price - 1. So even if there is no competition, they will still not buy your stuff if it is not set correctly. However, if you have your own traders working the factory, you can usually sell most items at a very high price regardless of what stations are nearby. Later if you dig deeper into automation, the CAG, CLS1, CLS2 from the bonus pack can be used to have more control over your traders.

It is important to note that stations removed by the game will eventually be rebuilt if there is enough demand for the product it had, or there is enough oversupply of resources to run the factory. The limits of this are unknown but putting traders around a sector that had stations removed to stimulate the local economy will cause the stations to be rebuilt in many cases.

Oh yea, NPCs use TLs to carry said stations. So it is possible to obtain unbuyable stations in this way by boarding the hauler with marines.

MrThingy

MrThingy avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That's very helpful, thanks.

I don't have anything big enough to mount a tractor beam at the moment. Would probably bbe cheaper if I build a new station next to one I want to connect to (it's only a wheat farm, so nice and cheap).

Is it easy to connect stations with the construction kit?

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

It is eas to connect stations with construction kit. As for the tractor beam you can mount it on m6 class ships and above.

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
MrThingy

MrThingy avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The construction kit is indeed easy. Now working on a closed loop to get my profits up some more.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm not sure if you know them, but those two little tools are extremely useful at planning complexes.

Xadrian Calculator
click

X3 online calculator

click

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit

You need to log-in to post here.