Tractor beaming

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Tractor beaming

Keith_64

Keith_64 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

Evening all,

Can I use a tractor beam to move a station, if so do I push or pull it? I am trying to move a station but it does not seem to be having an effect.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there, hopefully this will help:

In your M6, fit the tow laser into a turret then aim the turret at the station and fire. I think you should a green beam between you and the station (you dont need to keep firing at the station, just lock it on). Next move to your cockpick and increase speed. However you can not tow at maximum speed - too fast and the lock will be broken. So go slowly.

Keith_64

Keith_64 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

Thanks, worked a treat, I have another question, I am having problems linking up stations with the complex kit, when I select a station or hub I want to link, there are times the stations don't show up? Any suggestions.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Glad to help!

as for your second question: hmmm,, maybe the stations are too far apart? Remember X3 is 3D, so check the height as well. You can do this by flipping the map sideways - You may need assign a key for this (its found in the control section) - I normally use ] **EDIT** Actually, it's the insert key that flips the map & it's already setup as the default key... :p Big grin Cheers, NC Leave **END EDIT**

The maximum distance is roughly 20-25km.

You need to log-in to post here.