M1 Ship - can't decide

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » M1 Ship - can't decide

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

There are many M1 ships in X3 Terran Conflict, yet after reading some information about them I still cannot decide which to buy. Can you help me with decision? I'd be very grateful since I've been thinking about this for almost two days now. I will pilot the ship after it's bought. I like to get into big fights and it's quite easy to avoid tons of rounds fired at the player ship. It'd be great help if you could post your own personal experience with any of these ships.

Here are ships which I'm considering to buy:

Split Raptor - great speed, fighter capacity, low shields!!

Boron Shark

Argon Colossus

Terran Tokyo

or board this baby when my marines reach 5 star fighting rank.

Xenon J

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well it depends what prefer. Myself id go for;

- Hanger (if over 40-50 then its big-enough),
- Shields (More the better, since you will be probably taking capital weapon damage),
- Speed (slow M1 cant get in and out of battle quickly),

I wouldnt be to concerned about fire-power/cargo bay, as you have drone-ships to help with them. The trouble with M1 is filling them up with drone-ships, usually M3+ (as they last longer).

Id probably go for Argon Colossus, or Terran Tokyo. 4GJ on the Raptor is a bit low and the Condor is a bit too slow. Not sure what to make of the Shark to be honest.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you Roguey.

Firepower isn't a problem, especially when ship is equipped with typhon missiles. I've just looked for topics about Boron Shark and there aren't many and none of them contains any information about this ship in battle. Also it's easy to dodge fire.
Argon Colossus is great ship, but it's too slow. I'm honestly considering Terran Tokyo or Split Raptor or Boron Shark.
Here are things that keep me in no decision state (forgive me my lack ability to decine on this matter)

1. Tokyo - hard to equip, m2 class generator turrets dont cover entire ship + nice firepower, epic shielding, nice speed, nice cargo, tons of fighters, big broadside of the ship

2. Raptor - easy to obtain, huge firepower and generator (with 6km range it's raining PPC), weak shielding!, fastest purchasable M1, average cargo , tons of fighters, small target

3. Shark - easy to obtain, huge firepower but riddiculous generator, standard m1 shields, nice speed, huge cargo, 45 fighters but thats not a problem, huge target = easy target

4. Xenon J - hard to get (marines at min fight rank 5), the best firepower in its class but riddiculous generator, nice shields and speed, nice docking bay, easy target from the top and bottom

As for carrier fighter composition what do you think of 20 m3+(argon one+hept) and 40 m4+(sirokos+prg) with tempest missiles loaded?

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

My experiences with the M1 class are mostly negative.

My main problem is they have a hard time going up against other capitals one vs one. They are tedious to fly and use the fighters effectively. Not to mention replacing fighters constantly.

However I had some very good luck with using them as a support craft remotely. For example in one of the last plots there was a part where you have to take over a station. I used a M2 and the Shark. I was in the M2 and made the Shark stay away and had it equipped with mostly anti-fighter weapons. Used two wings of fighters to attack targets (attack my target and using the wing commands) and another to guard the carrier. Once the fight is over just dock them up and jump it home.

This worked out very well but you rarely get fights like that where extra support from a carrier is warranted.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I wish this baby was avaiable in vanilla game. It'd be damn awesome. That is why I'm looking for decent M1 ship, BSG influence.

Have you piloted this Shark yourself? How does it perform under fire?

Using&buying fighters will not be a problem, it's even enjoyable to hop into Venti or Spitfyre and join the pack of fighters. Capitals are not hard targets, mostly because M1 ship would be equipped with: front: cig, left&right ppc, back:cig/faa, top&bottom:faa. The same thing worked exceptionally well for community-wide hated cerberus. The only equipped missiles aboard M1 ship will be typhoon missiles (around 200-300). As for player controlled M2 I'm also considering Split Python or Argon OTAS Boreas.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I say go for the Raptor. Who cares about the shields when you can enter a sector, drop 65 fighters and jump out before anyone realized what happened? Stick to heavy fighters, M3+ if you can afford them. You should still have some smaller ones for support and harassment. If you're worried about your carrier, give it a mosquito defense net, put your slow M3+'s and some M6/M7s on guard duty.

You need to log-in to post here.