x3tc and bonus pack (steam)...

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » x3tc and bonus pack (steam)...

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok I have the hauler stationed at a solar plant. it loads 7600 e-cells. mercury is in space, ejects 4000 ecells, flys to solar plant with hauler, loads 4000 ecells from hauler, and goes on standby. I wait 50 minutes for it to fly to the second station on its waypoint list but nothing. I have redone the waypoint list several times. it is always the same. I am at a total loss as to what is wrong.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 9 years ago.

Sorry, forgot to reply to your first; ill give you a proper guide for it, I think I forgot some points...

Right. Get your Hauler, and stick an apprentice CLS trader in it, and make sure he doesn't take promotions, then stick him in the SPP of your choice. Give him 2 commands: Fly to station (the SPP that you chose) and then Buy up to 7600 e-cells (that's a full cargo bay right?) at the price you want (14 cr). The fly to station command is just to refresh, so he will repeat the list infinitely; and then he will buy any e-cells the station has as soon as the price hits 14 cr. That's all your buyer ship needs to work.

Next: the Mercury. Stick a CLS trader in it (I'll come to level later). Give him at least these commands: Fly to station (the SPP that your hauler is in), Load up to 4000 e-cells (full cargo, from the Hauler), Sell up to 4000 e-cells at the price you want (18 cr, to the station of your choice), and then Unload up to 4000 e-cells (into the Hauler). The fly to station works as before, to refresh his list, and then he will fill up with e-cells, sell as many as he can, dump the rest back in the hauler, then rinse and repeat.

Now: The problem you're having with him not selling is due to that the station isn't offering to buy e-cells for the right price anymore, so he won't sell them to them; as you fill up their stocks, their demand goes down, so their buying price goes down. The solution? Find more stations to sell to! Instead of just having one buyer for your e-cells, find about 10 stations that need e-cells and make your Mercury sell to all of them; at least one of them will be offering a decent price! The mercury will scan though the list fo station, find one that is offering the right price, sell as many as it can to them, then sell/go get some more e-cells.
With levels; an apprentice CLS trader can only have 4 waypoints, and as buying and dropping off the e-cells takes 2 (the fly to station doesn't count, you'll see why), that means he can only sell to 2 stations. I'd get a higher level CLS trader (you can buy them semi-experienced from the trading station in Herron's Nebula) so you can sell to more than 2 stations (10 is preferable); this means you will have to pay him, but he'll earn you more than his wages.

One last point: I'd put your e-cell buying price at 15, and your selling price at 17; this will allow for more profitsssss as a bigger margin means you can miss out on sales!

I will be the one to take you down!
largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok getting closer. I followed your guide for hauler, he fills with up to 7600 ecells at 15. I set mercury to fly to station, sell up to 4000 ecells to hauler and buy up to 4000 ecells from hauler. all good to that point. I set mercury to sell up to 4000 ecells at 17 at 10 stations. 5 at power circle(where I am operation at)and then if not empty se;; at 5 stations in next sector down. heron something. the problem is that he does all unloading and loading with hauler, then goes to heron instead of trying stations at power circle first. he sells what he can at first staiton in heron then goes back to power station to repeat process. one station and not in first 5. Cry what did I do wrong now???

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 9 years ago.

Heh... That depends.

He may skip the stations in Power Circle because they aren't offering a good price; check what they are buying for, as the trader will check before he leaves (well, only at higher levels, but as you have a trader that can go to 10 stations he's high enough level to check), and if they are too low he'll skip them.

When he goes to Herron's (It's Herron's Nebula, you were close Smile), is he selling all of his e-cells there? If yes, that's working just as intended, as he will see he's empty and return for more. If he's still got e-cells left but he returns.... well that's a bit weirder; it's probably the problem where if he has surplus e-cells after a sale, he won't sell them, but if he's just going back to the Hauler to get more and then selling them all, there isn't a problem there really.

Just a question, what order have you put his commands in? The best way is to put them like this:
Fly to station (the SPP)
Unload up to 4000 e-cells
Load up to 4000 e-cells
Sell e-cells to customers (the 10 station you have chosen, in order of distance preferably, but that doesn't matter too much)

Also, feel free to post some screenshots of your menus, it always helps; if you don't know how, just tell me if you're running the game through Steam or just off disk and I'll tell you how Big grin

I will be the one to take you down!
largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I am running through steam and don't know how to post screen shots or what menu u might want.

very weird. my seller ship loads up 4000. flys to herons nwebula and goes to first station on waypoints. does not sell, maybe price not ritghtr. then flys back to power circle to solar plant, sits there for few min. then flys back to herons nebula and trys second station in waypoint list. repeast this cycle through list but never goes to stations in power circle and they are buying. so ar onens in herons nebula for that matter.

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok I posted above too quick. seller does go to stations, some of them, and sells around 40 or so ecells. after every sell, sometimes it goes back to home solar plant and fills up to 4000. then it seems to randomly pick a station out of list, either in power circle or heron's nebula, and goes there. it flys to stations until it sells something and then goes back to power circle to home solar plant and restocks, weven if it only sold 40. highest sell ti 16oo but then went back and restocked. so it is working, sort of, but.....

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok everything seems to work correctly for awhile. then out of the blue when ship sells/unloads e cells it does all of them except 29. I can't eject them as comp thins ship is empty. ship goes and buys upto 4000 showing 4000/4000 but it won't go anywhere because it thinks it had 29 to start and therefore not empty so won't work. Anything I can do without reworking all the waypoints again?

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.