x3tc and bonus pack (steam)...

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » x3tc and bonus pack (steam)...

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I have steam version of x3tc and the bonus pack. I have installed bonus in proper folder. Does the cls work with game already started before bonus pack or do I have to start over? my saves do not show menus for cls. not sure if I did it wrong or need to restart game.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 9 years ago.

No, you won't have to start again. You sure you have installed the Bonus pack correctly? It should be a .exe (application) file you have to run, which will open a installer; when this is done, you should have the new functions.

Have you read a guide for CLS? You may be using it incorrectly; I recommend this cool guide on this site for the basics; and then this totally amazing guide for the more advanced stuff on the Ego forums

I will be the one to take you down!
largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

well I clicked the download and then got the installer. I gave it directions to the x3tc folder and it installed, or said it did. however, when I click the command console I only get the options for manual trade buy and manual trade sell. no other options . I have commodity mk1 and mk2 installed.
DUH! I forgot the nav software mk1. got it and am following the guides you gave me. ty ty ty

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Ahh, that'll solve it! Believe me, those 2 guides are invaluable for anything to do with CLS, and makes it much easier to use CLS as the amazing tool it is! Smile

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ship appears to be parked on standby forever. has not moved at all since I started it. I set buying and selling waypoints, what to buy and at what price, what to sell and at what price, 4 locations to buy and 2/3 forget to sell(5 sectors away for selling. not sure what else to do?

duh again. I went to second guide and now know about the training thing. sigh. sorry to bother u with this post.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Don't worry, ask as much as you need! It's better that it get solved then you going without (Even if it's solved by you! Big grin)

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok I can get one or two mecury ts's outfitted and working in power circle to kingdom's end. I t ried 2 and then went to 1 but result is same. it/they fill up with energy at 14 or less and jump to kindom's end to sell it at 18. then it/they do 1 of 2 things. either they sit at Kingdom's end and do nothing or they go back to power circle and do nothing. in any case they only make one real run. I know it must be my fault but do not know why. sigh. are universe traders easier?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I think its to do with the 'load # e-cells' command; Here's the example.

You have a CLS Mercury ordered to pick up 4000 e-cells from a power plant, and the Solar Power Plant (SPP) can and is holing hold 5000 e-cells. The first run will work fine, as the TS can take 4000 e-cells from the SPP's stores, and then sell them. Problem turn up when the TS checks back at the station, sees there is only 1000 e-cells left, so it sits there and waits.... because it's been told to pick up 4000 e-cells, no more no less, and there isn't 4000 to take, so he waits.

The solution is to tell him to 'load up to 4000 e-cells', this means he will pick up as many as available (but not over 4000 ofc), sell them, then come back and pick up whatever's there, resulting in infinite runs. The next problem you may get (IIRC) is if the station you're selling to becomes full, the TS will keep all the e-cells he didn't sell, and will then never sell them again; you have to order him to empty his cargo-bay at some point (preferably every run); but this will require a station/ship of your own, as you can't unload to a NPC station (as that would be giving them out for free, and you can't lose out on those profitsssss!)

EDIT: Yes UT's are easier, but they earn much less profit over time, die much easier, and are pretty darn stupid, so I don't like using them.

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok, if I understand u correctly, I should buy a large/medium hauler and station it in power circle. order the ts to unload cargo to this ship at the end of its run. that way it would start clean every time. if this is right, then I need to know if there is a command to do this or if I have to come up with a manual way. if the latter, then not sure it is worth it. hmm... quandary for sure.

oh and what's with the shipyard in argon prime disappearing? it was there but is no longer there. I have searched the sector with triples scanner twice and no shipyard. Cry

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Yeah, stick another TS in the SPP, ordered to snap up every e-cell the station produces (you can set a maximum buy price, set it at 14 or something, and it will wait until they hit that price to buy it); then order your selling TS to fill up from the buying TS, then sell the e-cells.

Then tell it to unload any e-cells it had left over (except jumpdrive fuel, but that is independent if you apply it in the trader settings) into the buyer TS; then tell it load up to max cargo again, from the buyer TS. The unload step is just to reset the cargo bay, as you always want it empty (excluding shields and Jump fuel ofc) before you go on a trade run. The command for all these should be in the trade run set up; also the buyer TS should never leave the station.
And yes, when it works, it is very worth it, as it needs no maintenance, isn't that expensive to buy and will infinitely earn profit; its still cheaper than a UT too.

No idea about the shipyard, it may have died... if so it will respawn. Maybe a random Xenon/Khaak capitol ship turned up and killed it? Not sure... It should come back, the game won't let AP not have a shipyard for long!

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

yup. it reappeared after a few turns/saves. all ships, or most, are red to me now though. sigh. I will try to set up what you describe. not sure I can do it though. game may be too much for this old guy after all. I have tried twice before and only gotten so far. shrug. sometimes I don't know when to leave well enough alone. will let u know if I make it work.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

With them being red: Do they attack you? If not, that simply means your IFF (Identify Friend-Foe) tag is recognising them as hostile. Go in your global settings (in the top left menu), and scroll down; it should be that everyone is 'Friend' apart from Xenon, Khaak and maybe Pirates; Argon maybe 'Foe' as well, if so just change them to friends and they should be all blue again!

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

nope they are both red and blue now. all are friends. maybe I need to play longer after it re appeared till all are blue. shrug. have not tried your plan for cls yet. hopefully today

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

for the hauler stationed in solar plant buying all ecells and not leaving, do I still have to level him up for cls to work?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Nope, leveling them up allows them to take more than the basic 4 commands and eventually use the jumpdive; as he is only ever going to buy e-cells and never leave station, you can just turn promotions off for him (that will save some money). Also, if you don't mind the e-cell buyer not using a jumpdirve, you can turn promotions off for him too, as he will only need

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I am confused. normal as that is. when I set him to fill his cargo and the other ship does not take it all how does he fill up again. also when I tell the ship delivering ecells to some factory or factories, do I use the load or unload command? in any case it is still not working. Cry I a thinking at 71 I am too old for this game. common sense does not seem to work. or my common sense is not the right way to think here.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.