x3tc second monitor???

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » x3tc second monitor???

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I have two monitors on my desktop. when I play normally I like to read information of the second monitor and run game on first monitor in windowed mode. That way I can move cursor back and forth as needed. Is that even possible with x3tc? I have not found how if it is and would really like to do so. Please help.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

The game captures the cursor I think. You can set it to windowed in the graphics options but I think you still have to alt+tab to get out of it to move the cursor. There might be a program that will create a borderless window at the desired resolution but I imagine it will have the same limitation of the cursor being stuck in the game.

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

sigh. dang it, why do some games do this? it ruins the advantage of having two monitors. Cry

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well usually the best way is to have a laptop as a second screen. That way you can look-up anything at the same time, whilst giving your game the full use of your gpu/cpu (window mode never runs as fast as full-screen).

MikeDeFleuriot

MikeDeFleuriot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 years ago.

Is it really that difficult to parse certain data to a different monitor in game. Even if a second app needs to be started and generated data is sent to that app from the main game. Then display it on the second monitor.

Sounds like a major added value to the game. (sorry,not sorry for the necro.)

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

Is it really that difficult to parse certain data to a different monitor in game. Even if a second app needs to be started and generated data is sent to that app from the main game. Then display it on the second monitor.

Sounds like a major added value to the game. (sorry,not sorry for the necro.)
- MikeDeFleuriot

im not sure anyone has ever tried tbh. Technically its possible to use a script to put data somewhere and have another application read that and display it.

You need to log-in to post here.