hauling startup equipment for new st's....

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » hauling startup equipment for new st's....

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I am trying to get my falcon hauler to stock up on t he equipment for new st/ut's. I can put somethings, like shields, into cargo hold but don't seem to be able to put other things, like jumpdrives, into cargohold. what am I doing wsrong or not doing at all? is this even possible? I want to haul the software needed as well as the jd etc.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 9 years ago.

You can have one jumpdrive per ship. A tm you can have 1jumodrive per ship do it can dock4ship plus the tm . Once tge sheild vay is full all otherr sheild go in to cargo if room. Soft only one per ship .try a tm and one ship docked givre you two of everything

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok. what is cheapest TM? am guessing they are way out of my price range but maybe not. have to find them too. ty for info

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Nah they are real cheap. I like using the Split Boa as an early personal ship. But if you just want to carry around jumpdrives, any of them that carry 4 fighters is fine.

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ty for info. this will help lots. I have not looked yet at the TM's but am assuming the can jump and have room for lots of enercy cells. lol but maybe not. anlyway thx

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

hmmm. apparently I have no idea how to put fighters aboard t he boa. are fighters the only class that it can carry? there must be something I am missing here as to putting ships aboard the boa. ty in advance for any help u can give.
edit: apparently I am worse off than I thought. I can't even get the tm to undock so I can try having a fighter dock to it. having no lck getting any explanation as well. I am assuming this is simple so no one writes about it.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

I usually do it from the assets window. They can hold up to M3+ and must be undocked so your fighters can dock. No idea why it wouldn't undock though. AFAIK there is nothing that can stop you from manually undocking a ship remotely. I would verify the game cache with Steam. If you are playing a modded game then IDK.

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

vanalia steam game with bonus pack loaded. the only thing it would let me do is sell the ship. shrug. no idea what was wrong. not happened with any other ship before. sold it and will go try a boa like u suggested. ty will update you if boa works/

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ok the boa actually undocked. I moved it to argon prime and parked it outside the shipyard. bought 1 nova to see if I could dock it with boa. it moved to the boa and got very close but never would actually dock. assuming that docking is like docking at station where docking ship disappears from sector map. is this normal or am I doing something wrong yet?? or not waiting long enough for it to dock? I put it on seta and waited few minutes.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

there sometimes is a glitch with TMs (any ship that can dock other ships really) where the fighter gets at the end of the 'runway' and just sits there. You need to move the mothership to make the fighter dock properly, or do it out of sector.

largegroh

largegroh avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

ya I finally remembered reading about that somewhere. I just moved the fighter away and then told it to dock again and it did. this option works ok for what I originally posted about. I only wish I could load the fighters while they are docked in the boa. having t o load boa and transfer freight to fighter is somewhat of a pain but better than nothing. lol never satisfied I g uess. thx for your help

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 9 years ago.

Just undck the fighter dock at equiment dock etc load fighter the redock at tm parked some distance away simple.

You need to log-in to post here.