Commonwealth Missle Help

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Commonwealth Missle Help

JJRSC

JJRSC avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi everyone... have a quick question about Commonwealth missiles. One nice thing about using Terran weapons is that they are pretty self-explanatory (poltergeist for fighters, wraith for capital ships, etc.) But in the Commonwealth, there are so many different kinds of missiles it's difficult for me to keep them straight - even after checking the guides online. What missiles do you guys recommend for what jobs? From what I've read, it seems like Typhoons are a one-size-fits-all solution (if you have enough of them) but aside from that, I'm pretty clueless. Hornets are great for asteroids and Kha'ak clusters but not that great for something that can move or shoot them down.

What missiles should I stock on my Griffon and my Shrikes for use against the different classes of ships? Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well when I was playing X3TC/AP the only couple of things I was interested in with missiles; were:

- Its not dumbfire (waste of time generally),
- Speed (if its too slow to catch your target, then no point firing it),
- Then damage,

Generally missiles arent worth the cost (unless fired in large batches - like in M7M's). Laser fire is free, missiles arent.

JJRSC

JJRSC avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks - good point too. Missiles also appear to require you to have to do way more homework than I would like too. Speed, damage... and I'm just not good at math...

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

The only missiles I use are Hurricanes (for M4 - M5 targets) and Hornets. The Hornets tend to get shot down though as they are pretty slow. But I can't live without my Hurricanes.

Missiles are one of those things you either love or hate. There is no real in-between. For a very long time I never used them but they are really good if used correctly and often. Makes a nice metagame experimenting with different ones to see what works best for your style. Things like Wasp I personally hate because they never hit it seems (they always just circle the target until they self-destruct) but others swear by them.

JJRSC

JJRSC avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Hmmmm... I think you're right, I'm going to have to start experimenting with some different missiles and see what I works for me. If nothing does, I guess it's back to PPCs and PSPs...

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm a fan of swarm missiles. If I catch a group of pirates on the formerly "Pirate Highway," I launch swarm missiles to scatter them before gunning them down. They make your targets freak out and think about something other than shooting at you.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 9 years ago.

Misqutio for mdm wasps for figther 4and 5 typhoons for anything else firestorms to piss off cap ships then typhoons all i use

You need to log-in to post here.