Bizarre Race Relations Problem

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Bizarre Race Relations Problem

Surgio

Surgio avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

For some reason the game spawns a hostile Boron Military Thresher every few hours in the Lucky Planets Sector, which is problematic because I have a spaceweed complex there.

Apologizing to the ship has no effect, even though I have maxed my Boron rep. Setting its status to "friendly" with Cyrcow's cheat collection package removes aggro for a few seconds, but the ship always becomes hostile again.

Is there any explanation to this?

Edit: I should add that only the one Boron Military ship is hostile and I have been removing it whenever it appears with Cycrow's "destroy" command, not the "killed by you" command.

Double edit: Hmm, sometimes it's a single Boron m6. Do you think that they are crashing into my complex? That still doesn't explain why I cannot successfully apologize too them.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Its probably hostile because of the illegal wares on your complex. I had this happen to me, where a patrol would keep going hostile and attacking the complex. I placed it in a border-sector thinking they wouldnt mind, but I was wrong.

In the end, I broke up the complex and destoryed the illegal factories, then re-linked it together without any illegal factories and it was fine. Always put illegal factories in pirate or unknown sectors.

Surgio

Surgio avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Its probably hostile because of the illegal wares on your complex. I had this happen to me, where a patrol would keep going hostile and attacking the complex. I placed it in a border-sector thinking they wouldnt mind, but I was wrong.

In the end, I broke up the complex and destoryed the illegal factories, then re-linked it together without any illegal factories and it was fine. Always put illegal factories in pirate or unknown sectors.
- Roguey

That would explain why the Boron only attacked my Bliss Place and why my Bliss factories in Teladi Space were unaffected. Ooops!

Do the Argon attack space fuel distilleries? I know they didn't in Reunion.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

- Surgio

Police/Military forces will attack any station containing wares which are illegal to them. So Argon's probably wont attack them (I think they are legal to them)... however placed in other race sector (ie. say Split), they may do.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

- Surgio

They do. You can only build Space Fuel stations in Yaki, Unknown, Pirate and Xenon sectors legally. You can also build Space Fuel and Space Weed stations in Terran space even though it is illegal without the Terrans attacking them.

You can build Space Weed stations in Teladi, Yaki, Unknown, Pirate and Xenon sectors legally.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 9 years ago.

i built a space fuel station a long time back in argon prime. argon did not like it so I destroyed it

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yeah, there's nothing you can do to save the station once it's condemned. You can watch the task force coming into the sector, then turn red and start shooting your station and anything that gets in the way. You're best building a complex just off the beaten path, in Terran or unowned sectors or make a new highway using the Hub.

Surgio

Surgio avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

i built a space fuel station a long time back in argon prime. argon did not like it so I destroyed it
- Scott

That's too bad, I remember buying a police license and scanning anyone who visited my distillery in X3:R was immensely satisfying.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Ah, yes... In X3:R I had one in President's End. Never was a problem. But when I went to get a distillery going in Akeela's Beacon and tap into the local ruffian population, but the Feds said no. The carrier even targeted my transports so that only a few bottles of precious booze escaped. My advice to you is to colonize the Pirate Highway (the pirate sectors between Elena's Fortune to Aladna Hill). Make it your own highway and tourist trap. Even stage boarding ops if you damn well please. No one will mess with it unless you pick a fight with the major nations.

You need to log-in to post here.