Cannot get a CAG to work

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Cannot get a CAG to work

Hyperion

Hyperion avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm trying to set up a CAG for my Xenon Hub, to buy Ore. I would normally do so with a CLS but I don't have any remaining pilots with jumpdrive left, as my closest ore mine is like 5 sectors away from the hub (already one jumpdrive-equipped CLS2 is traveling between it and the hub), and I really need some to level up so that I may be able to use another jumpdrive-equipped CLS2 ship. I would set up a CLS2 for it aswell, to fill a similiar command of "buy ware for best price", but I have no idea how to make it working like that- to select the best price from several foreign ore mines, as by buying from a single one would certainly deplete it quite fast.

So I told it to be a shopper, and to fill the hub up to 100% with Ore (whitelisted). Instead, he only sits in there and has a "CAG on standby..." command. I kept most of the settings on default ones, even tried putting the hub's ore price to minimum / maximum, but no help. So is there any way to either make this CAG functioning, or do a price-picky CLS2?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well I would of answered your question if I knew much about CAG. There used to be a few guys here who knew a bit about it, so I hoping they would answer. Sorry, I cant be more helpful.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

I thought about trying to help but trying to figure out why a CAG isn't working in somebody else's game can be a nightmare. It could be anything really. Are there hostiles? Does the HUB have enough money? Is the price set correctly? Is the ship setup correctly? Is the trade range high enough? Is there any actual trades within that range? Is the pilot sufficient level to do what is asked?

Of course the inevitable answer would be "yes its all correct" and much time would be wasted on somebody who didn't really want the assistance.

Not that he would do that, but it is the general trend on the Egosoft forums. Thats why I don't waste my time helping there anymore.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the acronym CAG, but it might be like the other CPU commands. Sinxar sounds on the ball. Check the station's inventory. If it's full, the ship won't do anything. Or maybe you don't have money in the Hub's account. Otherwise check the station parameters. The CPU will scan for stations that offer the ware at the price you have selected, and standby until it detects one in the range you selected. If the economy is poor, there might not be wares on the stations. Also, you might have hostile stations that won't trade with your ships.

You need to log-in to post here.