Disable GoD

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Disable GoD

Surgio

Surgio avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Is there any way to do this? I feel that it takes away from the independent trading that was present in Reunion.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Nope.

Surgio

Surgio avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Nope.
- Sinxar

Oh, that's too bad-- are there at least mods that make independent trading more viable?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by "independent trading". Can you explain?

Surgio

Surgio avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by "independent trading". Can you explain?
- Sinxar

Well, I remember that in X3:R there were numerous stations that were poorly supplied, which allowed players to either bring them items from several sectors away or to build a station nearby that manufactured the needed item. In TC, it feels like GoD either removes poorly supplied factories or creates a nearby factory that manufactures the needed goods.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ah ok. Yeah they toned it down a lot since release but it is still an issue. AFAIK there is no mod to stop stations from getting removed sadly, it would prolly be the top mod of all time if somebody could figure out how to do it.

It isn't as big a problem as it used to be in TC & AP, but in TC the Terran weapon forges despawn pretty quickly still. Keep in mind the engine works both ways, if you have enough traders, NPCs will rebuild the missing factories. IIRC the GoD engine was much more aggressive in Reunion, even removing critical stations. This was fixed in TC & AP, where things like SYs, EqDs and the all important tractor beam fabs can't be removed like that (but can be destroyed by pirates, and frequently are - they are however rebuilt automatically).

A sidenote here is in TC the marine training barracks get removed super quickly unless you dock a ship there. This was fixed in AP and I think they never despawn now but will not be rebuilt if destroyed.

You need to log-in to post here.