weapons and Shields factories

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » weapons and Shields factories

Keith_64

Keith_64 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

Morning

I am know well and truly fed up of equipment docks and other factories not having any equipment. What would be the best weapons, shields and missile stations to build, or would one of everything be just fine Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi m8,

Well, it depends on the reason why you want them. If you want the weapons/shields for profit, then I recommend the smallest of each - ie. 1MJ shields sell very well in Argon Prime.

However if you want them for your own use, then just build what you like. You can profits on each station on my station pages.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

There a three ways of going about this,

1) Cheat

2) As Roguey said, the smallest of things is good. An idea might be to build a complex in Argon Prime, of all the factories it does not have, and if you can, add factories that neither of the surrounding sectors have.

3) (most expensive way) But an Equipment dock and place in a sector in which there are a lot of tech factories in nearby sectors. But several cheap traders (or even M3s) and set them to buy a product for the cheapest price. FOr example, Argon Elite > find 1MJ shield > Max price 3000cr (estimate price don't know the actual price) > within 9 jumps > put to Keith's Equipment Dock in Home of Light.
Any of these ways can get the results.
Just to add the sectors and prices use are not right, just examples.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Not a X3TC pro yet but as I noticed, best way, let's say if you start game without cheating.
Set up few trade ships do safe zone trade runs, that is then universe top left corner (Argon, Borom and Teladi including Aladna Hill, Akeela's Beacon also Legends Home).
2 CLS ships, I'm using OTAS Mistrals for speed and protection, 1 would do ore runs buy min sell 180, other Ecell runs buy min sell 18. Also 2-3 MK3 auto traders with jump radius 10. Those 5 ships keep safe zone working very neat, so if you need few shields or lasers, you could always go and buy.
Plus money, those 5 ships would make you 30 mil with in few hours.
From there you can start putting up space weed complexes in to Teladi space, boatloads of money.
So, no cheating really needed. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

So, no cheating really needed. Smile
- Zonzo

Its more fun building up your empire without being given it - I agree.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

i found mosquito missiles do great. I tried to put them with one sector if I am not getting everything . I put a mosquito plant in Argon prime with a solar plant. meat steaks are one sector crystals are one sector. Ore is two sectors but with a fast Tm I keep it full. I added a wheat farm to it not the best but it gets things a round it . Thinking about a 1 mj fac on it next .

You need to log-in to post here.