Mod help for returning newbie

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Mod help for returning newbie

shimganar

shimganar avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

Hey there!

I've recently returned to X3 AP to make profit, dogfight pirates, build wheat farms, and so forth. And it's been good.

I'm interested in installing a few mods, but have no idea how to (I've been spoiled and always had the Steam manager sort things for me). I'd like to restore omegle xender the TC plots to AP, mostly cause I enjoyed fighting the Khaak years ago and they're not in AP, and I prefer the AP base game over the TC base games.. Does anyone know / feel like explaining an 'idiots guide to mods' for X3 AP?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 1 year ago.

well restoring the plots may be complex to do, as they may spawn the wrong ships/rewards if they arent 'corrected' for X3AP. Your best bet is to look on the egosoft forums, someone probably has already done that.

as for getting the Khaak to return, the easist way to do that would be to add them to the jobs file; that would they make them spawn all over the galaxy and respawn when killed. Although to do this you would need to learn how to make a mod (best to make a mod rather editing the vanilla files) so you can later remove it (if required). then you need to extract the files in types/ then use X3Editor to edit the job file and add a new job (say Khaak Ships) and setup them up. Save it, import into your mod and try it.

vidhayakji79

vidhayakji79 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 12 months ago.

I'm interested in installing a few mods, but have no idea how to (I've been spoiled and always had the Steam manager sort things for me). I'd like to restore the TC plots to AP, mostly cause I enjoyed fighting the Khaak years ago and they're not in AP, and I prefer the AP base game over the TC base games.. Does anyone know / feel like explaining an 'idiots guide to mods' for X3 AP?

You need to log-in to post here.