Tips? From X4 player

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Tips? From X4 player

edrin88

edrin88 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 months ago.

Recently picked this up due to the lower sys requirements. Played lots of X4 and wanted to play on my long commute, but there's no way Mr. Tablet the Potato will be able to run X4. I've also read X3TC does some things better, anyway...

Onward to barrage of naive questions:

Where is travel drive? I only see SETA (though you do start with it).
https://xender.vip/
Where is the interface for building stations (is it even modular like it is in X4)?

How do I determine buying and selling prices if it isn't listed on the map like it is in X4?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 months ago.

hi there, welcome to the site Wave

Where is travel drive? I only see SETA (though you do start with it).

In the older titles, X3 games use a Jumpdrive to travel across sectors. The Jumpdrive uses Energy Cells too, bigger ship - the more needed per jump. The only requirement is that the ship you have needs an M sized cargobay (most ships apart from M5 do).

Where is the interface for building stations (is it even modular like it is in X4)?

You build stations you need to hire/buy a TL ship. Then tell it to dock at the shipyard, and buy a station. Order the TL to the sector you want to unload the station (your own are better as you can fit a jumpdrive on it, hired only travel). Next ask him to drop the station off - your be able to postion it on the sector map. If you bung two stations close (within 25km) you can link them together with a complex construction kit (buy at the same time when your TL is docked at the shipyard). It will ask you which two stations you wish to link together, then place the new hub.

You can link as many stations as you like; but each time you need a complex construction kit. You can even link multiple hubs together to increase the max range (as long as the hubs are within 25km of each other). You can see some our old complexs here.

How do I determine buying and selling prices if it isn't listed on the map like it is in X4?

Drop a Navigation Relay Satellite or Advanced Satellite in the sector, then if you have best Best Buys Locator/Best Selling Price Locator equiped you can check the price yourself (I think you goto the Satellite on the sector map to do this). You may end up later getting a UT (Universal Trader) to trade for you, but that a little more complex.

You need to log-in to post here.