Looking for AI mod/script.

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Looking for AI mod/script.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello,

Decided come over here, after my post got deleted buy some trigger happy moderator on Egosoft forums. Seems like Egosoft wouldn't tolerate any criticism. :P

I'm looking for script or mod, which gives some intelligence to entire X universe and makes combat more interesting. Original is just absolutely terrible.
My wish list contains:
Cap ships have fighter cover (all sides) and cap ships are protected from missiles/torpedoes buy fast missile interceptor fighters.
That cap chips wouldn't act like idiots, when they attacking base or slow moving object and they would do maximum damage from projectile weapons.
Wing synchronized turbo booster usage would be great.
Thanks.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there and welcome to the site.

well I do know that the egosoft forums do get hit pretty hard with spam-bots, so they either mistake your post or clicked on the wrong button.

I do agree about AI - it can be rather silly at times. You could use turrets on ships for certain functions - like an M3 wing with turrets set to missile defence only. You can set the turrets on cap ships to only target other capitals or fighters depending if they are equip with anti-fighter or anti-capital weapons.

In my Boreas I have the front, left and right set to only attack capital ships (PPC/Gaus), whilst the other turrets have flaks set to attack all.

However I do agree the general AI can be poor at times, smashing into gates, stations... basically anything which gets in the way.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

I believe, I know why my post got deleted. I dared write that "Single amoeba has more intelligence than entire X universe all together", very straight forward, rude and merciless. Big grin NVM.
Thank you Roguey for welcoming. I will be good boy here. Smile

I could install Extended (sounds like a lot is fixed) but I would like to play original story first. Been messing around with game now for couple weeks. Found a lot of needed scripts. Haven't looked yet in to combat scripts, probably I will find something till I get better with scripting.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hmm.... well, that might be why the post got deleted LOL

Although I do understand how frustrating it can be to crash into a station/gate/etc, and the common AI paths. Feels like your auto-pilot has bricks as brains sometimes. The only real way the AI can be massively improved is through recoding X3TC im sure. Because mods/scripts only have a certain awareness of the surrounding galaxy, unlike the game engine.

anyway, glad see another person and that your behave (said in a Austin Powers voice) heheh

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Meh... I just discovered my post from scripting forums, Xenon_Slayer moved it there. It is not as bad, as I taught. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

ah good to hear - I did think the guys at the egosoft boards werent that harsh. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.