Looking for bit of help please.

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Looking for bit of help please.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello,

Posted this to TC forums also, got about 20 views and not a single answer, so...

I really don't know, where ask this question, so as my game is modified, taught this forum is a right place.
Basically what happen. After I finally sorted out all needed scripts and mods, I started game over again.
Been running 5 EST traders and 2 CLS traders for 2 days now on 600x SETA, not a single accident. After I decided turn one of my TL's in to mobile space weed complex, as I needed space weed and swamp plant for research. I built small complex in to Ceo's Sprite, 1 L bliss place and 1 L swamp plant fab.
After that all sudden my trader ships started slamming in to gates and ram stations. I was like, what is going on? And yes, I was in same system.
Sadly I don't remember was Bounce on or off. Before complex I had no extra navigation scrips installed, except Bounce. Thus, even if I was in same system with my one of trading ships before my owned station, no accidents at all.
What could cause such erratic behaviour? Player owned station or complex? Any way I could fix that problem?

Also, could you recommend an XML editor for scripting, witch has compatible template for game scripts. I just can't get my head around "This'es" yet in scripts.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have never had these problems, try backing up your saves. The file location is;

User > Documents > Egosoft > X3TC > saves

Then reinstall your game. If that does not work I suspect Roguey has something up his magical sleeve.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks Bozo,

Actually I was thinking that because CAG, CLS and EST sharing same pilot. Something must happen, when I put up fab or station. Because it is known that CLS goes totally crazy if it is not docked and you add another fab in to your complex or fab. I will stop and dock them all before putting up something. Let's see what happens.
Must be some kind glitch in scrips or library, as they all use same Luckie's library.

Edit: It worked, stopping all traders and docking before placing station did the trick.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

But now I have another problem, I'm sick and tired from trigger happy scanners. How do I disable incoming transmission video playback, that it wouldn't break SETA. I don't mind being scanned but those ugly faces videos are pretty pointless.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

ive had some odd AI in X3TC too - from mashing into gates, to hitting the sides of the Hub sector. The only way to stop it is being out of sector, as the game lets more gp.

As for police scans, find a sector owned by unknown and SETA in there. There be no police there.

Zonzo

Zonzo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

I did found few places in owned sectors also. one for example is in Home of light, close to the planet small bunch of rocks. No one pestling me there, nor police, neither Khaak. :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I think it may depend on your game a little, I normally have to find a unknown sector, although your right that there is a chance of khaak ships turning up.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

just get a strong M6/M7 and run the command attack all in an unknown sector away from pirate trade lanes.

it's rare that anything larger than a Khaak cluster will spawn, and the M6/M7 will take care of those no problem.

i remember there being a "defend position" command in X3R, not sure if that's in X3TC. it would be a much better option than attack all, were it available.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.

You need to log-in to post here.