Deleted a jump gate. Urr.... woops.

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Deleted a jump gate. Urr.... woops.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok, i have two saved games, one of which I do not cheat on. The other I try out all the cheats/mods/scripts available. Cycrow has a Cheat pack, it comes with a 'Destroy Target' button, I had a gate targeted and accidentally destroyed it :P It is the gate between Akeela's Beacon and Aladna Hill. Anyone know how I get it back. And before you ask, no I do not have any previous save games where the gate was still there.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

accidentally? are you sure? :P well I dont know about the cheat pack, but I used something like this to create gates in my BBS missions via scripting:

068 * create jump-gates
069 $Gate = create gate: type=1 addto=Rhonkar's Clouds gateid=4 dstsecx=7 dstsecy=4 dstgateid=4 x=11500 y=631 z=-36624
070 $Gate = create gate: type=0 addto=Theta gateid=4 dstsecx=7 dstsecy=3 dstgateid=4 x=-11823 y=345 z=20803

The gateid is something you may need to worry about, if you link to the wrong one, you come through the wrong gate within the sector: however it will work.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Urr.... How do I put this into my game? :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hopefully this should help:

- Beginners scripting tutorial,

Its for X3 however should work fine with X3TC with a few adjustments Smile

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I know all that.... but with the creating gates, how do I know what numbers I have to put in etc.... Like the GateID, dstsecx, and all that.... :/

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

well the best idea is to destroy the gate in the other sector, then write a small script to place 2 new gates (1 in each sector).

This way you will know the id's, as your be creating them. You could use something like id 5 - that way it will be unique.

The type is simply north, south, west or east - so it doesnt really matter if you use two north gates.

dstsecx/dstsecy is simply which sector does this gate point to, ie. 0,0 would be Kingdom's End.

You need to log-in to post here.