Multiple ship upgrade glitch?

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Multiple ship upgrade glitch?

Cheggers

Cheggers avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

No doubt this has been posted several times elsewhere since the release of X3TC but out of laziness to search, I thought I'd post it here anyway.

I just bought 8 Caimen tankers to build my trade empire... especially as pirates blew up 6...

Anyway, so I bought 8 and did the multiple ship upgrade (at the time of buying the ships) to give them all full rudder, engine etc. etc.

I noticed that the station had 6*25mj shields in stock so I thought I'd take all 6 and then go hunting for the other 20 odd that I needed (so all ships had 4 of them).

Turns out that all 8 ships have been equipped with 6 shields (so I bought 48 in total from one single shipyard) despite there only being 6 in stock.

Surely this isn't normal?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to the site Smile

I have noticed this is as well, I never found out why. Although, another thing about it would be you pay for only 6, not 48. Take it as a bonus that is what i did.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Its not a bug or glitch, just part of how X3TC works. Sometimes if you want to equip a load of new ships, and the shield you want to use isnt in-stock, then you can sell a few to the equiptment dock, so you can equip multiple ships. The only downside is that the equiptment dock need to sell the sheild or laser, otherwise it will disappear from the list.

anyway, welcome to the site - if I havnt said already Confused Smile

You need to log-in to post here.