Terran conflict

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Terran conflict

ktide

ktide avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok Roguey mate, let's start here ( yep, more work comming your way lol ).

Tell us, what is it that you whant to add/remove/repair/poke in TC? Poke

I still have all the models i made for X3R, so let's place them in or make new ones? Better map? More systems? Star Wars ships ( lol ).

Now seriously, what are the changes reguarding modding? Has ego added more of them crazy T files, are the files better to handle ( like not crashing the game every few minutes )?

Bare in mind, i haven't plaed the game in ages, as i saw the parts not made by ego and didn't liked them, plus all the bugs and all so i droped and uninstalled, but am installing again, adding the patches and going to take care of the cat files asap so i can poke deeper.

Let's start mate, were from?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

X3TC and X3 arent much difference on the modification side of things, there's a few tweaks but generally everything works the same. Script wise, all you need to do is to change 2 numbers and you can import scripts from X3 to TC.

As for me, I havnt really got the heart to do much with mods/scripts with X3/TC as generally there doesnt seem much interest - try asking in the egosoft forums, you're see what I mean (maybe ill be proved wrong). I dont want to spend tons of hours (like before) to see either no comments/or 1/2.

My TC mod kind-of needs re-doing as well, as egosoft have updated TC a few times, so it wasnt built with the last type files.

I have been seriously thinking whether to do any large mods in the future, as they take up so much time!

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yeah, they do.

the way i see it is: It's for fun. It's gotta be, why bother with it if it's just work?

I like modeling, it's fun, head bashing and the results are allways good, in my view anyway. I honestly don't care if people comment or not, i made it, it's there, if no one whants it, i still had fun doing it Smile

For example, i was making a animals mod for the AfterDomination peeeps ( Digsin, Ketraar, etc ) by the time i left the mod scene, i had huge animals like spiders, elephants and so on to add lol, it was to be FUN Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess.. for me its not very rewarding when you spent countless hours making a mod, to see very few downloads, and fewer comments. For a long awhile ive been the only person working on the mods.

To be honest I dont really understand: the X3/TC sites are doing rather okay now - but there's fewer posters here. I guess most people are happy to just to view the site(s).

oooh.. and btw Animals.... IN S-P-A-C-E.. very strange. I guess you could finally fly a beetle then (not the car variety).

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Lmao... That was the point!

Bat

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey, I understand your feelings on this, and I don't think I'd be too happy working my ass off doing something like designing a new mod for a game and very few folks downloading it. However, as I'm hopeless with modding and stuff like that (I tried a very small mod for Freelancer years ago which bombed!), and there will be many more folks like me, we appreciate the time you have put into the mod. And at the end of the day, we who use the mod, love the outcome and have great fun playing it. You've brought fun into folks lives. That's got to be worth something? Smile

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I disagree with u Roguey. I read everything that is going on in the chat rooms and I have learned a great deal. This game X3/R/TC and all the rest I would have ditched long ago if it were not for your help and understanding of the game which you have freely given each time I have asked for help. Bozo and all the rest of you space guys have made it fun and enjoyable. Even my wife likes reading what you guys say. Please do not stop putting in your ideas and mods, I like them all. Perhaps I can say THANK YOU for all the space guys who have yet to put their feelings on paper. FOR MY SAKE DON'T STOP. You and I Calgacus that is a least 2 votes for you fellas. Well what about it???????????????????????

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey, I don't think you should stop. You are see good at making the mods, ans it is not that much to buy only £10. You seemed eager for Rebirth... but Albion Prelude has thrown you off.... :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

thanks bozor, although even if I wanted to make anything for X3AP, I cant as I dont have the game. X3AP has just proved to me how important me, the site(s) or the mods are. I do value the people who have commented although, but out of the 300-700 people visiting the site per day, ive had just 3 or 4 people not wanting me to leave.

Its probably a great game but I cant get it for £10. I am not putting my credit details into steam, so that leaves disc releases: either the superbox (£15) or disc release (£20). As far as I know its not worth £15 or £20, especially when people got it for free or £10 even. Its not that Albion Prelude has killed my eagerness, its how things have been done.

I have posted on egosoft's facebook wall that I will be leaving the x-community. I will always be here, just not making any new content for any x-games. The X2/3/TC/Rebirth will not be shutdown either. However for the time being I will be playing guildwards / PS3 until after xmas, when work on the console site will resume. I will be moving my time onto the console site. I didnt want things to be like this, but its just how they played out.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

All you have to do is register your copy of X3TC into steam. It detects the games you have on and you enter your validation code and you have it on steam. So if you lose the disk you can download for nothing. This also allows you to get X3AB for £10. (This was talking about paying £20 not £10)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I havnt got the problem of registering my copy with steam, ist when it asks for money then without giving credit details there's no way I can buy for £10. Dont think there are steam vouchers? Anyway, egosoft were that keen on me supporting them, im sure they would of done something (just look at egosoft's facebook wall).

You need to log-in to post here.