Used ships

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Used ships

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi,I only been playing this game a few days, wonderful. . I am wondering if there is a used ship market, like a car lot?I am doing various mission s, but would like to have a ship trading for me while I am busy, or just to help carry cargo when I trading.I know you get various ships at times from people etc, but ifc you do not have the credits it's nothing.Also will I have to have a home base fire it or can I programit trade while I not there?If this has been dealt with before I missed.Thanks for any I input

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there scott,

well if you want to store the ship its a good idea to park it on a station - as its safer there.. however if its A TS (or ship with a good cargo-bay), you could set-it up as a UT (or universal trader).

A UT automatically trade wares in either the current sector or across many (depending on level). However for this you will need the at-least the Trade extension Mk3, although I recommend you buy all/most software upgrades and a jump-drive drive for it. Then in the trade commands you can tell it to start sector trader or universe trader (when reaching level 8 or higher).

hope that helps,

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes it does thanks now I need ship and have even more fun .

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Word of advice, Scott. If you find a ship for sale, save your game before you buy it. I've landed at stations, checked the contents of a ship being "offered" and found the price was OK...until I paid for it and found the ship wasn't as equipped as "advertised".
"Buyer beware" Wink

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

very true - some ships you wouldnt buy normally, but you think you are getting a great deal, so you buy. damn Teladi!

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Research and knowledge of the game are huge things.
But your own feelings and time can make a difference.

About 2 weeks ago I was 'offered' a Dragon (M6). (BTW, this is first time I was offered anything bigger then a M3.)
The price was a-bit steep at 17 mil cr, since the price for a new Dragon is about 7.5 mil cr.

I saved the game and made the purchase.

Turns out, I think, it was a pretty fair asking price.
The Dragon had full shields installed and 100% hull.
Turning and cargo were about 50% each.
The engines were only about 25%, but it was what she was carrying that made it worth my money.
She was armed with 4 CIG's and a HEPT. There were 2 Firestorm torpedoes in the hold, along with 4 nicely trained Marines.
Her software upgrades included both Fight Command software, Bio-scanner, Triplex scanner, Jump-drive, Patrol Command software, and SETA.
There were a few hundred energy cells, too.

I haven't checked, but I probably could have bought one, added weapons and missiles, and get the software upgrades all for less credits. But personally, I think I got a deal. After all, "time is credits" too.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I normally dont check for ship sales myself. I used to check a few times, but as you said nothing great was offered... well nothing like an M6.

Sounds like you got a great deal too! 4 marines as well shields/guns. nice!

jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

i think that the only think u must chek is the hull. and the price must be under 1/2 the price of shipyard. and till now i've bought 2 m6 ships but i always chek the price of offered ships.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

well after this im checking those missions. So far ive been offered a few TS's but no M6's. I guess M7's arent offered.

You need to log-in to post here.