What Can Be Done With Passengers?

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » What Can Be Done With Passengers?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I presently have 5 "passengers" aboard one of my TP's. I "collected" them after buying the ships they offered while in space.
What can I do with them? I've tried dropping them off at Military Outposts to try to turn them into Marines...no go.
I kinda remember something about being able to get "passengers" to become combat personal, but could be wrong.
I'd rather not sell them as slaves if they could become useful members of my fighting/boarding forces.

Also, which ship can carry the most Marines/Mercenaries?

Thanks,
Chuck

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I think you can sell them at Pirate Bases, but yous said no to salves. I normally just eject them. They fly to the nearest base.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well marines are different altogether, you cant give your average Boron a gun and tell him to board a ship. Where would he/she start?

I never seen in any case making marines, usually you buy them already trained and willing to go. Its probably best to eject them on your cargo freight list. You can only sell slaves to pirate bases.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm not opposed to selling them as slaves, on any moral grounds (haha) but getting them trained would be preferable. I may try "enslaving" them and seeing if, as mentioned in the manual, they can be dropped off at a Rehabilitation Center. I'm on pretty good terms with a few of the Pirate factions.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

lol, never tried dropping them off at an Rehabilitation Center before. I just either eject them or sell them myself... although its worth ago . btw dont believe everything in the X3TC manual - it was written way before the game got released, so some things in the manual never made it to the actual game.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Will keep that in mind...manual may contain crappy information and might be best used to stabilize a wobbly table.

Will post results when I have anything.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

lol, yea that's kind-of the general feeling towards the X3TC manual. It could basically do with a re-write. I do hope egosoft do better with their new manuals, as many of these games need good manuals.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

As you said..the manual is incorrect on the part about "making Marines". Now to fix that wobbly table Wink
..Loaded everyone on my Angel and flew to the Pirate Station, in the sector east of PTNI Headquarters, where I "enslaved" one of passenger. Flew to Rehab Station and couldn't send him/her into training. But I did sell the slave for about 800 credits more at the Rehab then at the Pirate Station.

Now, I've kept the other 4 passengers. Their race is listed as "Pirate".
With a "passenger" or a "Marine" on-board a ship with the "Pirates", a command option of "Piracy" is available, with a sub-command of "board ship".
Something new to me!
The new command option is available on my Angel (TP) and Dragon (M6). It is not available on my Python.

I'll hold onto these 4 interesting characters and play around with the new command option. See how they might work with Marines.

Anyone with information about the "Piracy" command, could you please share any insight that you have...

Thanx

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

the piracy option has appeared as you got 1 marine who can board other ships and claim them. However to board ships you will need to keep the shields under 10% (whilst they board) and no doubt need more (10-20 is usually is good). Im sure them other people arent doing anything on your ship - just taking space up.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Alright, so having 4 pirates on-board doesn't do much but let my crew and marines hear some dirty jokes and tall-tales.
Guess I'll visiting that Rehab Center again soon. Wink

BTW....is this --> Alien Dance 2 what I think it is?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah, I didnt think it would convert into marines.

BTW....is this --> Alien Dance 2 what I think it is?
- cjm3fl

Its an dancing peanut? dunno what you thought it was?

You need to log-in to post here.