something i do wrong!

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » something i do wrong!

jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

i post it again and had an answer but it didn't work. in all ships under M6 class i can work my weapons. in capital ships M7 M1 or M2 i cant work them. i don't even see them at the botom left of my monitor but i see the missiles.
i have the right weapons like IBL on my Panther and i'm playing vanilla game. what i do wrong?
i see most players like Panthers...

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

i post it again and had an answer but it didnt work. in all ships under M6 class i can work my weapons. in capital ships M7 M1 or M2 i cant work them. i dont even see them at the botom left of my monitor but i see the missiles.
- jmmallian

Make sure there assigned to the group you have selected. Like if you install a weapon, make sure there under group 1 and you have group 1 selected i.e press the 1 key.

jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

all weapons are under group 1. i changed group puting them at 2 and hitting buton 2 the weapons didn't appear on monitor. the problem is somewhere else.
i say again that my weapons don't appear on my monitor. it saws me only the missiles. so i can use only the missiles

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Never heard of an issue like this before. The only other thing I could think of is maybe an addon/ script conflicting with your game. Other than that, it would have to be something small, you might of missed.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Their are some ships that you can not control the forward weapons' fire...Panther is one of them. You can go into "Command Console" and order the "front turret" to attack your target. If you high-light a target and it is in range, the weapons will fire automatically.

Only the ships that have "Main Guns", like the Tiger, have forward weapons that you can control/fire.

This was something that confused me when I purchased my first Panther, and my first Titan and Python. Neither of these ships have "Main Guns". They have "Forward Turrets" that are computer controlled.

Some players like not having to control weapons' fire while flying in intense dog-fighting situations.
I try to pick the ship for the mission.
I fly my Tiger most of the time, which has "main guns" I can control. But I will change to one of my Panthers for some of the "kill" missions.

Chuck

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

There are two types of guns in the x-games, which are:

- Main guns,
- Turrets,

Main guns are guns on the front of the craft which do not move. You will see a list of weapons fitted into your Main guns on your screen. Main guns can not be given orders to attack automatically.

Turrets are different to Main guns. They can move and track targets automatically. You can directly control them (press F1 to cycle through them) however most of the time you will simply give them an order via the command screen like Attack all enemies.

Hopefully thats helped explain it more Smile

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I just assumed, the way he said there was an issue, that the panther had Main guns not turrets.

Sorry about that.....

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Sorry about that.....
- Relicalchaos

You offered someone help.
Nothing to be sorry about.

This game has so much to learn, and as you advance there's even more....I'd like think I know 20% of it, but it's probably more like 2%

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

thanks all of u for the support.
i'll try today to work the guns of turrets or main and see the difference.
i'll let u know tommorow if it works or not. i see its reasonable and must work.
anyway thanks again!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I just assumed, the way he said there was an issue, that the panther had Main guns not turrets.
- Relicalchaos

hhe, you though the panther had main guns?

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I just assumed it had main guns. The way he was saying the guns were fitted, but he couldn't see them in the groups. SO I just assumed they were main guns.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah, I understand now. I wondered what you were talking about Smile
I thought the panther didnt have any main guns, although wasnt 100% sure until I checked the stats. I thought I may of made an mistake with the stats.

jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

last night i was searching for a M1 or M2 to have main guns but i was found nothing. today i searched here and found that the only big ships has main guns are M7. SO I'll do it today.
it seems strange to me that we cannot sit in a capital ship and have a fight! maybe we could sit in a turret?
but maybe 1st is the strategy

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

yea you can sit in a turret if you wish, but you have no ship control if you do. I actually like turrets better than having a main gun. This is because a turret dont have to turn the entire ship to track a target. M2 with a main gun? good luck hitting anything moving faster than a station.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I think for the first time you use an all turret ship it feels like your useless Smile As once a turret is setup correctly, then it just sorts itself out.

jmmallian

jmmallian avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

yea you can sit in a turret if you wish, but you have no ship control if you do. I actually like turrets better than having a main gun. This is because a turret dont have to turn the entire ship to track a target. M2 with a main gun? good luck hitting anything moving faster than a station.
- Sinxar

yeah u r write ROFL. the stations i had in my mind

You need to log-in to post here.