Its a Kha'ak Invasion!

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Its a Kha'ak Invasion!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

So I started a new TC game. I did the Teladi Trafficker start again. Anywho there I was doing some random trades near Argon Prime. I found some good local deals in Ore Belt. I just bought a load of E-cells and was crusing to a Low Yield Sidearms Fab. Suddenly I get a warning beep. All I saw on gravidar was a huge blob of red. I thought it was some Argon idiot launching missiles by the dozens at a pirate M5...

I was almost to the station. Then they came. TONS of Kha'ak scouts all around me but luck was on my side. They started shooting the station I was docking at. In true Teladi form, I finished my trade and didn't know if I should undock or not as they were still swarming. They were even shooting at the docking clamps where I was.

When I seen the M1 and M2 on the gravidar at close range it was time to make a move. I said a little prayer and undocked.

Picture

They didn't notice me! I made it to the west gate and looked back in time to see the station explode.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I've never seen a Kha'ah invasion fleet of that size without excepting a "defend the station" mission. I was in an M7 then and was able to call in one of M2's to help.
But WOW. To be caught in a TS at the time Eek
You were lucky to get out in one piece.

You might want to pop back in to Ore Belt after a short time and see what is floating around in salvage contains.

I just watch a Boron fleet decimate all but one Split station in Patriarch's Conclusion. I had a dozen of my own ships docked around the sector. I didn't want to pick sides, so I moved all my military ships out. I transferred cargo's and moved the fully loaded freighters out too.
I kept 3 empty freighters and a half empty Mammoth with me.
But the time it was over I had filled the Mammoth, all 3 freighters, and the remaining cargo space of my M7.
I am now holding a yard sale for e-cells, argnu beef, chelt meat, and wasp missiles.

**I also picked up my first 2 IBL's--along with dozens of other weapons and many score of nice missiles.
Invasion fleets leave behind lots of "goodies".
Banana Dance

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I think ive had it happen to me in X3TC - there is an random chance of khaak ships spawning. Usually its just a few odd ships (especially at the start) however I remember seeing a load of them in another sector. To have it in the same sector must of been scary lol. Maybe worth letting the NPC's deal with them and see if they drop anything good - salvage time :p

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ya lol I waited for a little bit before moving on. nobody came to defend the sector. But yea ima go back later and see what dropped. It was pretty insane. I didn't know what to do. cause i was docking when they all swarmed around my ship. only option really was to keep docking and see what they do.

All i have is my Vulture and like 150k credits to my name. I was mapping and trading at the same time.

I seen the capitals before i docked but didn't realize they were so close. I sat in station for a little bit watching the info screen (watching the shields) the blob of scouts were taking down the shields with no trouble at all. it was at nearly 40% when i seen the capitals on the radar.

thats the first time I have seen one start. I caught the tail end of one in reunion though but I just happened to be in a titan when i ran into it.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

It's happened to me several times. Although I was able to fight the off in an M2 or something. I did however lose two M2s in one battle cause of the Kha'ak's lovely presents.

TheNomadDude

TheNomadDude avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

This happened to me in Treasure chest after a good trading of Nostrop oil from the teladi and I was looking for a abanded ship. I saw a cattle ranch icon (Cattle ranch M Alpha) take multiple damage and then disappear. It then happened to a ore mine So I decided I would take a look but what a mistake that was! I saw Huge amounts of red all over the place! I expected Xenon but then I heard " Kha'ak scout " I knew I was screwed... I had no weapons no missiles no hope. I soon saw some Kha'ak destroyers So with my speed of 100 I tried to escape. ALERT MISSILE CLOSING! I knew this was it... I went into 3rd person view, lasers were cutting through me then KABOOM I was dead. May I mention that I was on the trading scenario with a TS class mercury. Any theory to why this might of happened???

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I saw a kaak ship destroy the shipyard in Argon prime ,and a titian for some reason Argon one was not there. Anyhow the shipyard came back a short time later .

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I remember once while playing the Tormented Teladi start I'd wound up at Terracorp HQ ~24 hours in. I was just heading to dock when 3 KM2's and their friends jumped in and proceeded to pound the whole sector to scrap!

More recently, and documented in my DiD story, they did it again in Legend's Home! At least OTAS had a Boreas on hand to clear up lol. Still, bloody bugs get everywhere!

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

@TheNomadDude - It just happens randomly in the early stages of new games. Personally I've noticed that it seems to happen more often if you find an area ripe for trading. They like to jump in and spoil it.

@Scott - I've gotten a Paranid incursion in Argon Prime and Argon One wasn't there either. Seems odd it would be missing at the most critical time.

SuperResistant

SuperResistant avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

This morning, i had a funny surprise in Aladna Hill. I just started a new game yesterday in TC, and i was beginning to be bored... I just hope they will not do too many joke on my future stations Big grin

It was 1xM2, 2xM1, about half dozen M3 and a looooot of M5.

Picture

End 2019 and i am still playing X3AP Smile
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

It was 1xM2, 2xM1, about half dozen M3 and a looooot of M5.
- SuperResistant

RUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!

If you can split off some of the fighter and have the Xperimental Shuttle you can own the lot of them :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I hate it when there is a khaak surprise just by the gate...

SuperResistant

SuperResistant avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't have the shuttle yet. But i'd like to meet them again since i have more firepower now Flame
Not yet for the M's of course Roll eyes

End 2019 and i am still playing X3AP Smile
phantomrock

phantomrock avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Osaka Heat with the formidable weapons. Shielding can take a pounding but just everyone else can. Plus that Vidar can regulate as well when it comes to those pesky Kha'ak. I have no fear of them at all.

You need to log-in to post here.