Xenon HUB Questions

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Xenon HUB Questions

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Is it possible to have stations built inside the Xenon HUB?
If it's possible, do I have to finished the plot first?

I'm thinking of dropping an Equipment Dock, or two, in there as a place to stage my M7M's and some of my smaller ships that don't have missions. Would also be a great place to store all the missiles and weapons I've collected until I need them.

Another question--I read something in passing--can't remember the answer...
When you 'connect' one of the Gates to the HUB, only the owners ships pass through the HUB..or do all ships using that Gate pass through the HUB?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

There have been reports on the Egosoft forums of players building entire complexes inside that sector.

I normally place the PHQ there, directly below the Hub station, and a Teladi Trading Station to use as a military firebase (somewhere you keep a wing of jumpdrive equipped fighters for rapid deployment).

Once the gates are connected any traffic that would traverse the gate in either direction will now have no choice but to travel through the Hub sector.

And no, you don't need to finish the plot first, as soon as you have access to the sector you can start dropping stations (inadvisable before you've 'moved' it away from Xenon central though... Wink )

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Great!
Thanks for the information, Kirlack.

I like the Trading Station/Firebase idea. I my borrow that one.

Connecting the Gates--one can pretty much direct traffic to "you".
Sounds like a good way to 'corner the market' in some sectors.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

You can build them there, although do get some odd OOS things happening in that sector.. plus there are no rocks either. I would recommend putting the complex just past one of the gates were the HUB is connected. You will still get the pass-byes.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

depending on how you connect it, you can get some races fighting in there too. like argon prime and paranid prime. same with boron and split

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

or even use it for a place to board ships.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

How do you enable the plot/

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

You need Boron rank of (I think) King's Knight and Trade Rank of (again, I think) Apprentice Trader. Then in a boron (core?) sector you'll get commed by one Mahi Ma.

Bloody boron.

Beware the words "Can you fetch me a couple of things?"

Grr

Flame

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, ive switched side and started playing as an Argon. If im quiet over the weekend im playing X3AP and writing guides for the plots. So far ive done 4 pages for the main plot, although its quite detailed Smile

I will cover the Hub and the PHQ when I get there Smile

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

i now got control of the hub. I sent a few freighters with teldiaium to the hub. Will that go the total or does it have to go all at once?? I got two complexes in my home sec one has 30 plus stations both boron and argon making missiles and chip and components and trlidium etc 4 mines and probably 6 solar, It has like 40ooocellsa in storatge , got one freights that is on sales of cells and components only . .the on ther complex has a silkworm and 1 mj shields have to mine silicone to make csytrals via mobile..I did manage to connect two complexs togtherto make one huge self supporting one.can I send in one freighter at a time at one secof how otherwise? That one sectors proabaly making more then any other i have at this time. plus my laser towerfacmakes sure I have enough of those. i did put two telidieaium foundries in parnis prime linked togther, doing ok Thanks

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea you actually have to do it a little bit at a time because the hub can only hold so much of a product at once. So you have to put some in and wait until it disappears then put more.

CLS and CAGs have no problem handling this if they are set to unload max cargo, its possible to send a CLS freighter full of say, microchips, and it will unload them all a little bit at a time. Assuming they are setup to do that obviously.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Does the gudiance have to be on?I noticed on some misdions it does any other advice on this plot?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Surely it shouldnt matter if the guidance is on or off? Never really tried that Smile

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Mission guidance won't do anything on the Hub plot, unless you're at a point where you need to return to Mahi Ma, or at the point where you need to collect the Paranid Mahi Ma recruits to help him out in the final stages. The rest of the time it's a resource gathering excercise, so the mission guidance won't point you anywhere.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I juswt picked up a Argon eguiment dock, Put in my home hub sector, got a place for my big boys to dock.
Now will it make a goods as in the other docks?and can I make use of them? The Argon dock has cls 1 2 big reason I got it.and does it need ore ? it is set up and appears to be self filling also I notice someone picked up a shipyard/ I have been unable to find them in the shipyards orders, be nice ot make my own ships if possible thanks

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Pretty sure equipment docks don't manufacture anything. It's storage, Scott. I've even had station build missions targeted at my Hub sector. I'm big on infrastructure and development, but no beans.

You need to log-in to post here.