Planning For War

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Planning For War

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your right. Forgot about that part.

I spent the time to scan all of them...yeah, all 180, asteroids.
I'll have to visit the sector again and check the yield of those that are 'in the way'.

I'm looking at the sector now.
LMAO..there are some Paranid getting spanked by some Yaki fighters.

Oops..there goes a Nemesis!
Two Hades and a Deimos left and they're losing Banana step dancing

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

3D space gets big fast. I bet you'll be surprised by how few are actually in the direct path(s) you want cleared. I think building a tunnel through the asteroid field would be fun! Think of it like a Coast Guard minesweeping operation.

You could even drop in an odd laser tower here or there just to give the Yaki a hand.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm thinking about aligning a pair of Hub Gates to Senator's Badlands and Ocracoke's Storm...or Savage Spur and Ocracoke's Storm.
The Yaki don't openly/actively trade for goods so going through the Hub shouldn't be a problem for them...and they HATE the Paranid more then Kirlack and I do. That makes them nice people in my book!
- cjm3fl

I have a long standing history of friendship and cooperation with the Yaki in fact. They have long been my allies, in all my many guises, and always ready to offer a helping hand against our mutual three eyed enemy! (by which I mean, they're always my first stop in a new game, and I often war against the Paranid from my Savage Spur staging grounds.) They are great allies for when the 'nids send a fleet after you. It takes a brave commander to attempt Yaki territory!

Regarding towing rocks: I once complexed every roid (yes, all 180 of them) into a weapons 'plex, and there was no towing required to make it happen. The tunnel through the middle should be navigable by the AI, even with you in sector.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Regarding towing rocks: I once complexed every roid (yes, all 180 of them) into a weapons plex, and there was no towing required to make it happen. The tunnel through the middle should be navigable by the AI, even with you in sector.
- Kirlack

Your sector must have looked like something vomited from a sick Death Star or perhaps the Xenon homeworld.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I expect, if you blew a highly industrialised planet into 180 chunks and then connected it all up with spider webs, that's about what my complex looked like. I only ever saw it once in all its glory though, and that nearly broke my machine! :p After that I stayed out of Savage Spur.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

That must have been something to see, Kirlack!
All the 180 'roids connected together. I'm imagining it looked a lot like the inside of my ex's mind Dizzy

I am planning a Laser Tower Complex right now, Puppy.
I'll be laying Towers near all my Complexes and Stations, as well as near all the Gates in critical sectors.
I will be laying them in 'conquered' sectors as I move on.

Going to place this new Complex in Senator's Badlands along with the Paranid Missile Complex I've recently completed.

Looking like I'm going to hook Savage Spur and Ocracoke's Storm to the next set of Gates I get from the HUB.
This will give me both Ocracoke's Spur and Senator's Badlands on "my" side of the HUB.

I had an interesting thought which has turned into a question...after hostilities are begun...how do I stop them?
To me, there are two very important thing about going to war;
1) How best to start one.
2) How best to end it.
Everything between the beginning and the end is fluid.

Since I'm not planning a genocidal campaign, which I think would be impossible to complete without raining terror across every sector in the X Universe, by destroying everything that begins with a "P".

After I've get bored reducing the Paranid military to local sector-militia units wetting themselves anytime I'm within 2 sectors, how do I end hostilities and take my new place as a higher deity (in their minds) of peace, harmony, and trade?

Will I still find Paranid mission I can do to regain some rep?
Do they have short memories in those teeny little brains of theirs?
Or will they just remain hostile towards me until the Great Makers return?

Another question;
How likely is it that the Paranid will begin to jump into my sectors and try to go on the offensive?

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

What normally happens here is your global race rank with them keeps going down and down, until they all attack you on sight. Then none of their stations will let you dock, so its very hard to get it back up. It doesn't normally drift on its own, so you could say they have a permanent memory of how much they like you.

You can kill all their military ships, but they will spawn more from the shipyards. If you kill those, it will take some time, but they too will eventually respawn. In other words, I doubt there is any way to end that war once begun. I just figured in the beginning you intended to have an ongoing war with the Paranid.

I can't answer the last question for sure. I don't think they will literally go on an offensive, but as their ships wander through the X universe they may attack yours when they encounter them.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

OK Pup. Thanks.
Pretty much as I thought.
When I finish teaching those 3-eyed pukes their lesson, I'll just remove my forces from their sectors.

The only sector I'll have to keep my defenses heavy will be in Gunne's Crusade.
This is the only sector I occupy that has Paranid ships flying through it.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.