Restart fun

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Restart fun

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I restarted,and it has been great.I finshed the terriain plot.Aldrin was disappointing.The cutlass,and clymore,and
Vidar are neat,but only like terriain misslies.strippedthe claymore,cutlass,kept the vidar.now
I need to able to buy empc ,need 4more to complete my vidar.
Should have the xshuttle today,the. finsh final fury.

Is there way to get two jump drives o n a ship?I have the scarbd in Aldrin,bug it has no jumpdrive.
I also noticed,that some of the roids values are diffent..Also some factories are in diffent sectors, guess
The God engine is working..Will post as timegoes by

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

No, you cannot equip two Jumpdrives, as they are classed as ship equipment, they cannot be used as 'cargo'

If your ship can dock smaller ships equip a smaller one with a jumpdrive, and exchange freight, if not, buy a really fast M5 or M4, equip it with a jumpdrive and fly it to your ship, beam it over to your ship then send you fast M5 or M4 to a station nearby.

(or cheat and script one in)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Depending on your money you can use a carrier (M1) or mini-carrier (TM) to transport a few ships (M3-M5) with a jumpdrives. You can then transfer jumpdrive (on the carrier) to the new ship. Now transfer one of the docked ships jumpdrive (on the carrier) to the carrier.

You could use Bozor way of getting a fast ship to transfer one too.

And finally if you got a Aran, you could dock it there. The Aran can dock any ship in the ship.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

All me ships must have jumpdrives, regardless what class they are. (except m5s)

I restarted the other day, I decided Vanilla only, no script editor just the pure game. I started as a Split in an M5, hated by Argon, Boron and Paranid, although the Terrans like me?!?!

Anyway, I decided I would do some scavenging, I managed to get the Argon to like me enough to let me dock at their EQ Dock in Omicron Lyrea. I know go round picking up cargo boxes in my fast little M5 from destroyed ships from the war. Having a ship that goes 550m/s is good for it, and I can easily out turn any missile Big grin

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I started out using Split Boa (TM) like Roguey stated.
Now I use a Split Panther (M7) the same way.

The Aran can dock any ship in the ship.
- Roguey

I thought that was in AP only?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

No, the Aran first appeared in TC (well, technically in a mod for X3:R, but never mind). Even so, you need the unfocussed jumpdrive to get one, and Scott hasn't mentioned completing the Goner plot yet, so I'd assume he hasn't.

As for TMs, I'm a Chokaro man. But then I'm also Yaki scum :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

As for TMs, Im a Chokaro man. But then Im also Yaki scum :p
- Kirlack

I have one of those. LOVE IT!!!
Wish I had gotten it earlier in my game.

I've been looking for the Advanced Chokaro to cap. Haven't seen one yet.
More ships can be docked and a slight increase in speed.
Yupe..I'd love to get an Advanced one.

As for the Aran, I didn't know it could dock that many different ships, except in AP.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Sadly the Adv. Chokey isn't available in vanilla TC Cry It is a beast of a ship though. 6 docking ports, 156m/s top speed and 1800 XL cargo bay? Epic. I mean, what else can you say? :p But you will have to go modified to own one. I used the cheat package to add it to the Yaki shipyard (along with all their other ships that you can't get in vanilla).

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

As much as I'd love to have an Advanced Chokaro, I'm planning to keep my game virgin.
Maybe when I get tired of this particular game I'll try some of the scripts and mods on a re-start.

The Advanced is truly sweet as TM's go!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

As much as Id love to have an Advanced Chokaro, Im planning to keep my game virgin.
- cjm3fl

I hear ya. I played vanilla for almost 2 years before I made the choice to go modified. Now though, not sure I'd go back except for DiD writing purposes.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I was thinking.about using a magnter as nd a elsipce ,to bting the scaberd back from aldrin
I have neverused nothing the Argon tm,might try the split tm
My tcgame is3.2nothing else other then minning
Oos for nivdium,nothing else. I have not started the goner plot,just finshed gettig the xshuttke ag again.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I recommend that Split TM, Scott.
I have 3 in my present fleet...used to have 6 of them.

The Magnetar isn't a bad ship but you might want to look at the Zephyrus.
It's got better speed and shields then the Magnetar.

I just love that X-shuttle. Will use that when I get back to the Terran Plot.
Too bad there will only be one in the game since it can't be reverse-engineered.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

+1 for the Zeph. It's arguably the best compromise of speed and shields in the TM class. The Boa is speedy though, keeps up with a Heavy Centaur Prototype which is a must in my book Wink

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Just finshed the escrt mission where you protect somw telidiea freightrs.Used mu skion, zep.,whith some elsipes, and my
vidar.Lost the zep zep snd vidar.Just got a demios loojing to o khaaj hunting and seeking palc .,
Got booze and space weed place up in a unk sector plus misslie xomplex in omeacale lyrime.Midight star,has a plex.Looking at RONCAIRStrail next.I found something in each race helps a lot with rep.

You need to log-in to post here.