Turret Not Firing

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Turret Not Firing

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just noticed (in the last 5 hours of game-play) that on my Split Tiger, the 'right' turret no longer fires.
This is my personal ship.

It has always worked in the past.
I've tried with "attack enemies" and "attack my target" commands.

I have several different weapons on board.
When time allows I switch out weapons. IBL's for capitals, CIG's for M6's, PRG and EBC's for fighters, with this turret.

The 'left' turret and the other turrets work fine.
I've purposely moved so that the right turret is the closest to enemy ships and still nothing.

The ship's hull is at 100% as are the shield when entering battle.

Any thoughts or ideas?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Very strange, you could try F1 (to cycle through the viewpoints) and see if the turret actually fires okay. What weapon have you put in the turret? its not a ammo based one?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Make sure that you have selected the correct load out, you can have 4 options, Using the keys, 1, 2, 3 & 4. You may have selected 4 that has no weapons on it. You will know this as when weapons are available they light up when they are not the a darkened. (This is on that thing in the bottom left) Big grin

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

All good thinking guys, but I went through those before I posted...
And just to make sure, I went through them again after posting.

1) The 'right' turret doesn't not move to track a target...and it doesn't not fire.
The 'left' one moves and fires just fine.

2) I have had/tried EBC's (with plenty of ammo aboard), CIG's, IRS's, and IBL's.
I keep the weapons balanced..meaning I have the same load-out in the right and left turrets.
I always load-out in pairs...I don't mix weapons in the same turret when there are only 2 slots available.

3) I've worked through my weapons' selection just to be sure.
The 'right' turret is not part of the weapon's selection.
In the Tiger the weapons' selection works for the Main Gun only.

I thought that because I was carrying extra weapons in cargo, so I can change out to meet the threat, might have been the problem. I removed all the extra ones and went looking for trouble. Same thing.

I jumped into another ship, flew a mission, returned and moved make into the Tiger.
Same thing...'right' turret does not move nor fire. Nothing. The turret is still dead.

I may just buy another Tiger. I have been flying this one for a REALLY long time, but a new shiny one would be nice. I could arm 'this one' real good and release it to patrol an owned sector.
Maybe one of the Yaki ones I have Complexes in/planned?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

:eek there is no right turret listed in the weapon load-out page? sheez, I didnt think ships could get old :p

You need to log-in to post here.