Confusion

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Confusion

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey guys

honestly. embarrasingly, the roguey websites confuse me, theres one seperately for tc, ap, etc and i cant figure out were to get the AP/TC mods from.

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

welcome!

i'd look at the links pages (towards the right end of the nav bar,
or for the TC downloads http://x3tc.roguey.co.uk/links.php
(don't have AP, yet)

i assume you also have the link for the Egosoft forum download summary as well, in case you haven't seen it it's http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690 for both TC and AP

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there and welcome to the site Wave

which mods are you prefering to? as I dont have any mods for TC or AP at this time. I did try and do a community list of mods/scripts, but no-one used it so it got removed.

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 12 years ago.

i just want the mod roguey made xD

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh! As far as i can see, Roguey's Mod is for X3 Reunion, and not ported into any other of the X games

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@yeni you are correct, there is only mods or X3 and X2. I did start porting the X3 mod to TC, however with the removal of the BBS I couldnt add my missions. The only way to add them would be to convert them to the new mission @ station (which uses another way to work). This meant even more work, for something which already works fine in X3.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I for one prefer the mission system in TC over the old BBS style, although I understand why you wouldn't want to make more work for yourself Roguey Wink From what I understand the Mission Director is a pain to work with even if you're a habitual coder.

Now, having seen some of the screenshots of your X3:R mod Roguey, I gotta say I'd welcome the chance to play a TC version if you ever had time/inclination to convert it Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

That was the main problem: all missions have to re-coded in the mission director (which as you said is a pain to learn - and I dont like it much either). Without all the missions in the mod, then a AP/TC mod would simply be a mod with a few more ships and backgrounds. It didnt help that interest in X3 mod has dropped a lot too - so much so when I released the last version, it got hardly any response too.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

the new format is neat. Good job, the saying up top is kinda neat also keep it up please

You need to log-in to post here.