Complex Attacked

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Complex Attacked

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I left the game run yesterday as I eat dinner and then watched a movie.
Came back a few hours later to find that my Disintergrator Rifle Complex had been attacked, presumably by Pirates. There were 13 unattached stations remaining out of the Complex that was made up of 14 stations.
The attackers had destroyed one of the Silicon Mines from this Complex.

Luckily I'm one of those that 'saves' often so a re-start was all that was needed to "put things right again".

This is the first time I've seen a Complex "destroyed" in my game.
It was interesting to see the results.
All remaining 13 stations were at 100% shields and hull.
But there were no "red" craft nearby to blame by the time I returned to the game.

I have to think that it was either a prolonged attack by Pirate M3's and M4's (something that happens from time to time in this sector), or something larger came by and got pissy.

I have 4 Nova Raiders docked and homed at this Complex. They were, I presume, destroyed when the Complex docking Hub was destroyed. I have noticed in the past that none of these fighters would launch when this particular Complex came under attack from Pirate fighter craft.

I've checked the 'commands' for all four fighters and they are set the same as other fighters that I have 'homed' at other Stations and Complexes. These other fighters launch when their 'home' comes under attack.

Is it possible that if only one particular Station in a Complex comes under attack that the 'homed' defenders will not launch?

Anyway I have re-started the game and am watching to see if anything brews up in this sector this time.
Additional forces has been dispatched for patrol duties, plus I installed an Equipment Dock and a Trading Port near the center with M6's and M3's homed.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Man, that sucks Whatever I don't blame you for reloading mate.

Complexes being destroyed is one of those things that really gets my back up in X. ESPECIALLY when it's a Pirate that's done the damage. I work pretty hard to keep all the pirates on side, so that puts my nose outta joint a bit. What makes it worse is that because I've worked so hard to keep them happy, I've got nobody to take vengeance on Hate PC At least when it's the Paranid I can go burn a couple of sectors Flame

If it had been anything else but a mine of course, you could have just replaced it. And all the CCK's the complex was made up of.

You should have a message saying something like 'Your Station (maybe Factory?) blah blah in sector meh meh was destroyed by evil muddefugga pirate' in your inbox, I can't remember if those messages still give the full ship ID. If it does you can hunt it down and waste it Big grin

Besides the 4 Nova Raiders, what other sec def did you have? And how were they armed?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

There is a message that says, "Your Factory is under attack in Unknown Sector". But it doesn't give specifics like who's doing the attacking. And it's just a verbal message not a read-able 'Incoming Message'.

I'm on pretty good standings with most of the Pirate factions.
In this Unknown Sector (the one between New Income and Montalaar) the Pirate Station is 'neutral' but all the fighters going and coming from it are red.
Most just leave the Sector but sometimes a small group will take a few pot-shots at one of my 2 Complexes.

Besides the 4 Nova Raiders, what other sec def did you have? And how were they armed?
- Kirlack

I have had 10 Laser Towers surround this Complex.

The Nova Raiders are all equipped the same way. Kinda cheaply but,--
8 PAC up front with an PRG on the back turret and 30 Tempest Missiles.

I've just added (since the re-start) a Tiger M7 and stationed it right off this one Complex.
And I've added 2 Heavy Dragon M6's to patrol the Sector.
The Trading Port has 4 Mamba Raiders armed with 4 PAC and 4 EBC up front with another PAC in the rear. They carry 30 Tempests too, and I have them also patrolling the Sector.

If it had been anything else but a mine of course, you could have just replaced it. And all the CCKs the complex was made up of.
- Kirlack

Yeah. That's what I was going to do until it turned out to be a Silicon Mine.
I had a few hours of production and mining that "went away" with the re-start. Not painful, just disappointing.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I hate it when a station /complex gets attacked Had some piravets destroy my minethat was feeding a mosquito plant in queens harbor had to rebuild .such is life. i have noticed that if you reload it will not happen again

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I agree its really annoying getting a complex attacked. I had a bad case of this myself.

I had a 50+ station weed/brooze complex in Clarity's End (a paranid border sector). I thought its out-of the way sector, so they would leave it alone (didnt have any police or patrols). However they sent a M7 to attack my complex. At the time I only had a M7, so it did a bit of damage to my ship (stupid PSG's). However for a while the complex was okay.

Then another M7 attacked it - this time I had a M7M ready. So I boarded it.. teach them for attacking my complex. Everything was fine for awhile.

Then.... a paranid M2 started to attack my complex. It already did a lot of damage, so in the end I let M2 blow up the complex. I didnt want my complex being attacked again, so I self-destruct all the weed/brooze stations and rejoin the complex. This time I added some ore mines and started being shields/weapons - saving the complex.

Note to self... build weed/brooze complex in unknown/pirate sectors only.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

i have noticed that if you reload it will not happen again
- Scott

It depends on how long before an event a reload occurs. I run my game in SETA for a bit sometimes to get a snapshot of the future, to know if a given factory will be bought out soon, for instance. Accuracy of predictions generated this way is inversely proportional to how far into the future I'm looking. Predictions 30 mins out are pretty good, even on details like which factories will be visited. This is because the ship that will visit is already on its way. Predictions out to about an hour are pretty iffy, but can give some warning that something might happen. Predictions 2 hours or more out aren't generally very useful, only warning of systematic problems like an error or reputation problem on the player's part.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

i have noticed that if you reload it will not happen again
- Scott

With an M7, two M6's, and an additional group of fighters now in-sector...you are correct Guns
And if needed I have three M2's and three more M7's to bring in.

But you're right Scott.
Many things (can) change with a re-start.
As Puppy stated, things change to a point where you can't predict, or expect, the same things to happen after a greater period of time has passed since the "save point".

I'm a couple of hours into the game after the re-start.
About twice the amount of (game) time as Monday's dinner and movie period.
Nothing has attacked any of my ships or Complexes in this (or any) Sector.

You need to log-in to post here.