My Complex-for-Profit Experiences, So Far

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » My Complex-for-Profit Experiences, So Far

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

After meeting the Teladianium needs for the HUB Plot I made the Complex in Gunne's Crusade "opened it to the public".
It is a completely self-sustained Complex that was made up with 7 stations. With 2 stations being 'L' Teladianium Foundries.

I just added 2 addition 'L' Teladianium Foundries.
The 2 new Foundries are consuming just the right amount of resources so that the Complex remains self-sustaining.

I didn't keep track of the game-date that I turned the Complex "open", but it's been a few game-weeks (maybe 3 game-weeks) ago and it has slowly made money.
I only had Teladianium and Energy Cells selling until I added the 2 new Foundries.
The Complex made 38M credits until the addition.
I was selling Teladianium @ 154 and Energy Cells @ 12 (too low, got close to '0' EC a few times)

With the additional 2 Foundries, I am selling:
Teladianium @ 150 (-6 of average)
Energy Cells @ 13 (-3 of average)
Sunrise Flowers @ 17 (-3 of average)
Nostrop Oil @ 68 (-4 of average)
Not selling Silicon or Crystals (have those priced at max).
Complex set for '9' jumps and "sell" only.

In just over a game-day after adding the new Foundries and adjusting the prices this Complex has made 4M credits more and the Teladianium inventory builds up to between 2,200 and 5,600 units, meeting the needs of most of the incoming traffic.
Resource inventory ranges from 50% to 90%--still very much self-sustaining.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I never liked trying to sell Teladianium. I think its because I build a giant complex and end up with a massive oversupply after that part of the plot. I always just self destruct the stations and get rid of it.

If your looking for just money and know how to use CAGs, I personally recommend building a food production complex in a defensible location.

Post on the food plex: http://spacelanes.net/the-empire-emerges/
link to calc: http://tinyurl.com/77cljrv

This was a fun little project to do and generates a lot of cash so you can simply buy the stuff needed for the hub plot if you wanted.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

**Forgive me--I'm bored**
I was also typing this as you replied, Sinxar.

Game date/time: 81-12:42 I completed a Delexian Wheat Complex in President's End.
I planned this as a "for-profit" Complex from the beginning.
I picked President's End, well...because I go a little nuts sometimes Dizzy

The Complex consists of 17 stations.
There are 10 Laser Towers deployed and 4 Mamba Raiders "homed" for protection.

Since I planned this Complex as "for-profit" from the beginning, I exceeded the resource 'needs' to offer some of these for sale also.

The Complex consists of:
4 Wheat Farms-L
1 Solar Power Plant-XL
4 Cattle Ranches-L
4 Cahoona Bakeries-L
2 Silicon Mines-L (45 and 26 yield 'roids)
2 Crystal Fabs-L

Complex sells:
Delexian Wheat @ 16c (-16 of average)
Energy Cells @ 14c (-2 of average)
Meatsteak Cahoonas @ 54c (-18 of average)
All three items are selling very well.

Game date/time is now: 88-10:26
Almost 7 game days.

All stations and construction kits are Argon.
The income for this Complex presently = 93,964,957c
According to the Online Complex Calculator this Complex cost me 54,169,644c

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

One early complex I started using in Reunion is the "weedshop" - find a teladi sector with plentiful NPC solar power, put in a dream farm L and a bliss place L, link them and put in an ecell buyer, and let it run.

In reunion, I didn't even link them, I used a second freighter on CLS2 set up to move e-cells from the bliss to the dream and return with the swamp plants, with the cost settings arranged to siphon off most of the profits to the CLS freighter's homebase - my PHQ )

Aside from that, so far i have my first build, a 6 missile fab complex in Circle of Labour, partly to give me easy missile resupply for terran/OFF plot fighting, but most of the missiles have been sold so far. it's got 3 M size raw food/processed food fabs, an ore mine on the 32 roid, and the missiles - and a couple e-cell buyer freighters.

later, I built the "yaki stimulus plan" to feed the weaver's tempest fabs with ecells, ore, and wheat in a clozed loop complex (my first crystal fabs and SPP) - then silly me started a second complex there, using every other roid in the sector (I think it was 69 mines total, between ore and silicon) - first just to supply power for the ore mines (hub supply), after than I'll add gun, missile, and shield fabs - the silicon for the hub might mostly come from here too, but I'll need a chip plex xomewhere else as my next thing. A nice side benefit from this - without running missions for them, the yaki like me metter than the terrans!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I find that Freedoms reach is a good place to start a weed/booze complex - out the way, no patrol's fly by and nearby pirate sectors. Another I find is 1MJ shields around Argon Prime, they cant buy them fast enough.

With food/bio-food you can over-supply, like Sinxar said.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Speaking of weedplexes, I made a self sustaining one in Ministry of Finance using all the silicon roids in the sector. It makes about 4.5mil per hour selling at -1 of the average price.

Smokey's Den

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
yeni

yeni avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I have Freedom's Reach on my "no building until I finish plots" list for sectors, I understand there's a nasty and occasionally buggy plot event in there at some point. ( sorry if that's a spoiler, but sometimes forewarning is important )

I figured that the weed could be done in teladi space easily and legally, and that allows it to be nicely spread out also. For booze, Freedom's or Avarice looks nice so far - and as the pirates like me too, I'm considering Bala Gi's Joy as well, with the 2 NPC XL SPP in there ( all your energy are belong to us! )

edit: nice complex, Seygantte - but wow, 246 mil investment! (i think all my weed together so far is only 8 L bliss places - each in different sectors, and all are buying NPC energy)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

That's the trouble with complexs, they take a lot of money to build. although once built, they more or less keep a constant steam of money coming in.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The worst party was assembling the mines into a tight formation. Ministry of Finance isn't a small sector, and the first time I finished I had to restart when I discovered one of the mines had collided and exploded without me realising.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thats the trouble with complexs, they take a lot of money to build. although once built, they more or less keep a constant steam of money coming in.
- Roguey

So true, Roguey.
I don't know what they cost me off the top of my head, but my two Complexes in the Unknown Sector between New Income and Montalaar are pulling in some nice cash.
My Weed/Whiskey Complex is presently holds 271.5M credits, and the "Special" Weapons Complex's account stands at 168M credits. I haven't added or taken any funds from either since they went online.
I only added Crystals and Energy Cells, from other Complexes, to get both started

I've added 'products' stations to both Complexes since they were first constructed.
There are presently 2 each Fuel and Weed stations at the one Complex...up from 1 each at the beginning
And there are 2 Rifle stations (started with one), 1 Low-sidearm stations, and (recently added) 1 SQUASH Mine station at the other Complex. This Complex started with 1 Rifle and no SQUASH mine stations.

I have added 'resource stations' to keep up with production demands.

Ore, Energy Cells, Sunrise Flowers, Nostrop Oil, and Rastar Oil are also being sold at the "Weapons" Complex.
Delexian Wheat, Energy Cells, Sunrise Flowers, Nostrop Oil, and Swamp Plants are available at the Weed/Whiskey Complex.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Half the trouble with complexs, you start with like 4 or 5 stations (usually mines) then add a few more stations, then a few more. Before you realize you got a complex with 50+ stations and no money lol. Once you start getting building, its hard to stop. Its a shame however its not handled better - messy pipes and countless stations doesnt look the best.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I posted an idea for a mod a while back but it was simply regarded as foolish. If i knew where to start i would do it. The idea is to have a single large structure complex. So all you do is buy the shell structure - Terran stations would be good for the model. Then you can either pay for stations to be auto added (plus a wait time) or bring them in yourself. It would charge you for the cost of complex construction kits and could be of unlimited size, or even give it a max of 200 stations allowed.

I think of it as a large factory in a single building. Mines could pose a problem. but you could pay a crew to go and survey the roids in system and they automatically harvest minerals for you. Or even allow mines to be put inside of the station as well.

Benefits are no lag from spaghetti monsters, easy to upgrade, looks pretty, easily defensible (no more pipes for pirates to kill), could even allow TLs to dock with it.
A downside would be the modified tag but I would be willing to live with it just so i dont have to deal with hand placing 100s of stations and CCKs and all the logistics that go with that.

There is in fact 2 mods that are sorta similar. One is modular complexes. i forget the name of the other but i think its something like resource free complexes (no cheating). The modular complexes one just looks ugly to me. its just a big box. the other i havent been able to get working.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Half the trouble with complexs, you start with like 4 or 5 stations (usually mines) then add a few more stations, then a few more. Before you realize you got a complex with 50+ stations and no money lol.
- Roguey

This is why I plan my complexes and then buy them all in bulk. One day there's a barren sector and the next there's an 80 station weedplex and no more roids to be seen. If you know exactly what you want, then it's easier to organise the structure.

A downside would be the modified tag but I would be willing to live with it just so i dont have to deal with hand placing 100s of stations and CCKs and all the logistics that go with that.
- Sinxar

If you really dislike that then there's a tool in the bonus pack which could help. It's called Hephaestus Corp, and if you buy in bulk they'll place your stations in a compact array for you. There's a fee involved, so it's up to you.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

If you really dislike that then there's a tool in the bonus pack which could help. It's called Hephaestus Corp, and if you buy in bulk they'll place your stations in a compact array for you. There's a fee involved, so it's up to you.
- Seygantte

indeed. that was a script im glad they included. but still doesnt solve the problem of placing ccks and the lag that comes with it. I use it in TC when i remember to activate it.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

indeed. that was a script im glad they included. but still doesnt solve the problem of placing ccks and the lag that comes with it. I use it in TC when i remember to activate it.
- Sinxar

There's a mod I came across that simply removes the spaghetti tubing completely, or something very similar. It's a model changer, so I don't think that it comes with the *modified* tag but I'm not certain. I would link you but I don't know where exactly I saw it, so all I can suggest is that you do some scouting.

yeni

yeni avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

the tubeless complex mod that i found was only in german language (though it doesn't do any messages, so no problem if you don't speak german - i think i found it on the Xai Corp website, but i don't remmeber for sure.

egosoft forum link for Gazz's modular complexes, which does some tubeless links also (the big cube one, works WONDERS for framerates) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225042

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.