[Guide] An 'Idiots' Illustrated Guide to CLS

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » [Guide] An 'Idiots' Illustrated Guide to CLS

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Updated by Roguey:
This guide has moved onto the X3TC site, which is viewable here:
- An Illustrated Guide to CLS (by Kirlack),

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for the great resource! This is great for moving around high volumes of items such as for the Hub plot or stocking your own HQ. Even works great for mobile mining ops. Now if somebody could make one for CAGs so people will stop building weed/booze plexes because they don't know how to sell other products with CAGs.

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

When you say "Idiot's guide" are you referring to the writer or the readers? Wink

Just kidding, great writeup!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks gents Smile *tips hat*

Now if somebody could make one for CAGs so people will stop building weed/booze plexes because they dont know how to sell other products with CAGs.
- Sinxar

I will look into it, but I'm far more experienced with CLS than I am with CAG Wink

When you say "Idiots guide" are you referring to the writer or the readers? Wink
- Sha1hulud

Neither, although you could argue the it's aimed at myself, since it's taken my entire time of playing TC (some 3-4 years at least?) to be proficient enough with CLS to write a guide for it Eek It's an 'Idiots' guide because it's simple enough anyone should be able to follow it Smile

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice, that might be the best written CLS setup guide I've seen.

Actually, a CAG writeup could start with CAG training - which is either "use the CAG like a regular buyer in your station", or you can train them as a CLS pilot as written above, the pilot levels are the same between the two, and I believe the levels also are shared with some of Lucike's other scripts like the EST. (I only have CAG and CLS at the moment) You can also train as CAG then make them CLS pilots, whatever you find convenient.

Personally, the best way I've found to deliver the hub stuff is to base some CAGs at the hub, and either have a CAG (trainee ok, if there's a SPP nearby) or a "buy best price" to load ecells in the hub as jump fuel - then have your CAGs jumping all over to bring in all the junk it needs, from NPC complexes or yours that are open to the public.

One other tip, related to some complaints I've read - among others, in the DiD that Kirlack pulled those screen captures from - is how your CAG and CLS pilots are afraid of the enemies in a sector and won't work if there's so much as a red M5 around. I've seen it so bad that in Argon Prime, an enemy that was not on any scanner kept a CAG buyer in a missile fab from working til well after the supplies ran out.

The fix is actually simple - when your pilot gets to (CLS) Cargo Messenger or (CAG) Trader, you go into his menus and set Take Trainings to NO - they don't get scared of enemies until the level after that, they won't monitor their own repairs either - but they do know enough to jump and access EqD and capital ships, the only question is - is 15 waypoints enough for your CLS needs?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Very nice done, its been stickie Smile

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Awesome! Thanks Roguey Dance

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Did you want me to move the guide to the TC site sometime?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Might be an idea. Are you thinking about putting it up in the guides section? Cos that'd be cool Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah I am, that way more people should see it and it will have all the advantages of being on a site.

btw would you like to design a small banner for it, something like 640 by 80?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Something like this?

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

yea, something like. I can use that if you like, or another.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, use that one. Graphics isn't really my thing anyway, and the colour scheme is almost in keeping with the site Wink Cheers Roguey.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Very detailed and easy to follow Guide, Kirlack.
Nicely done Beer

Congrats on upcoming "GUIDE" status !!!

Alien Dance 2
(still looks like a dancing condom to me)

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The guide is now on the X3TC site, I hope everything is okay (let me know if not).
I removed it off the forum, as there no need to have duplicate version on the same site.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Looks good mate, thank you Smile

1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.