[Guide] An 'Idiots' Illustrated Guide to CLS

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » [Guide] An 'Idiots' Illustrated Guide to CLS

Grabsy

Grabsy avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

A question? where do you find the Commodity Logistics Software and
Commodity Logistics Software 2?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Most if not all Argon Equipment docks. I believe it is also sold in Priests Pity at the Paranid Communications Facility.

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Add to this list all 4 Argon based corporate HQs and the trading station in Herron's Nebula (which is also the sector you can get semi-trained pilots in if you start the CAG/CLS there.)

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i cant find the logistics sofware any where! Now what do i do i want my cargo ships to supply my stations in the sectors but with out the spending of money to do it

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

It should be available at any Argon Equipment Dock, from Terracorp or OTAS HQs, even some Free Argon Trading Stations have it.

Have you definitely got the bonus pack installed?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i bought the box set that came with reunion and TC. reunion has the bala g missions and TC has the aldrin missions i have no idea if they install when you install the game or what i do have the aldrin and aldrin 2 sectors plus the terran unknown sectors so im gunna go with i have them but i have looked in every tradeing station equipment dock corp HQ and even made a script to add them to a ship they dont even apper in the where list when you make a script

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i did some digging and found out that those wheres are a bonus pack add on thingy i thought you were talking about the expations
Its all fixed now and i have them all ready to go the only problem i am running into is i only have 1 option for the logistics and thats it

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

There are 2 CLS software packages, CLS1 is listed in the ship command trade window as "internal commodity logistics" and it isn't used mush in the days of X3 complexes (it dates back to X2, where the original version was SDS written by Kor'ah - it's purpose is to deliver fromone of your stations or complexes to another of your stations or complexes.

Kirlack's guide focuses on use of CLS2, also called "external commodity logistics" , which is a lot more flexible as any station or ship can be a waypoint for it, but it requires more specific command setup to get that flexibility.

If your ship only has one of the two logistics command options, I think you might only have one of the software packs? Or some other required software is missing? If you have external, then you iChat not need to go back and get the CLS1 software.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am running a scripted game i script my ships with every upgrade you can it says i have both installed but only one option and from what you have said it may be that the commands are merged into one command selection and from there i can sperate them to do what each CLS does

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I think CLS1 might require the ship to be homebased before it opens, same as CAG. CLS2 only requires the ship to be docked when you run it the first time (so it can hire a pilot).

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah i see where i went wrong thanks i know who to use my CLS pilots better now. Granted they did what i needed them to do but maybe i can get more out of them then i was.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Is the CLS better to use then the UT or do they perform different functions?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

They perform very different functions. UTs will simply trade whichever wares they can that make a profit (even in the case of making just 1-2 credits per unit), whereas CLS can be tailored to whichever function you desire. There was a debate on the Egosoft boards a couple months back where a few of us figured CLS networks would make better profits than their UT counterparts, but UTs are generally easier to set up Smile

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

After reading your guide I now see that your correct, these are very different functions but Ican see a distinct need for them both. Thank you as always!!!

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think I have CLS 1 softwares, but I guess I don't have the bonus pack, cuz there's no turbo boosters or CLS 2 in my universe...

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.