needing help

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » needing help

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have finished the Aldrin plot with the exception of moving the hub gates, also finishing the hub plot.
N ow i have a heavy hydra with ion d, i pg, and prg. Been trying to get my marines some exp capping, but have not been successful. How do I slow down the ships?Stripping the Shields is fairly simple ipgs and done but getting them to catch a moving ship is tough, also tried with a m7m and boarding pods no such luck yet . What am I doing wrong?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I've only capped ships with an M7M.
In all the guides on how to cap a ship, I've never read where you have to have, or should expect, the target ship to slow down.

If you're using the Heavy Hydra for your capping platform, I guess you have to target a ship that is slower then your ship or make is slower by doing hull damage.
I try to avoid this (hull damage) as much as I can so I don't have to pay too much for repairs at a shipyard.

Do any of your Marines have 3 stars in fighting?
You don't need to have them all at 3 stars, but I found having some with at least that many does increase my success rate.

Something that I do, I "save" my game just before I begin the assault on a ship I plan to cap.
If things go wrong, or I lose too many Marines, I just re-start at my "save" and play it through again.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

That is often the problem trying to board ships with anything else than a M7M. If you wanting to board a lot of ships, then your need a M7M as soon as possible. The missile projectile of the boarding pod travels at 480m/s, which is lot faster than most ships, and makes it much easier to pod things.

You need to log-in to post here.