Re-directed to New Home Plot during Aran search...

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Re-directed to New Home Plot during Aran search...

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Second time this has occurred. Thought the first happened because I wasn't paying attention.

Using Merchant Haven Sector as my jump-off point.
In my M7M Cobra.
Using UFJD and looking around for an Aran.

I got "pulled" into a Sector, while using UFJD, where the New Home Plot gets initiated.
Is this common, or is the 'game' trying to hurry me along?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

If you mean that you get the initial contact for New Home while in the UFJD sector, the only think i can think of is that it might have put the temporary UFJD sector in near Danna's, in trigger range..

If instead you're at the point in New Home where you need to do the UFJD part, it's probably best to just get that out of the way, then go back to the Aran hunt - you might consider doing this anyways, to keep it from happening again and again.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

If you mean that you get the initial contact for New Home while in the UFJD sector, the only think i can think of is that it might have put the temporary UFJD sector in near Dannas, in trigger range..
- yeni

This.

I haven't started the New Home Plot yet.
I wasn't plannig on doing this until after I found and capped an Aran.

The game must have just triggered it on it's own.

Now it's decision time...
I have a "save" with the initial contact message to begin the Plot, and I have a "save" from just before I activated the UFJD.
Confused

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ha I forgot about that 'feature' of the UFJD.

There is also a small chance that an unfocussed jump (in either direction) will take you to a random sector in the known universe.
- "Egosoft Interactive FAQ"

When it did this to me it would always take me to the same sector but I cannot remember which one. I'm thinking it was one of pirate sectors around Loomanckstrat's Legacy or perhaps it was Danna's Chance. But I do know for sure it was a pirate sector. It may just have been bad luck. I just started a new TC game (Bankrupt Assassin) so it will be quite some time before I can personally verify what sector it jumps you to with the UFJD.

That is one of the plots I hate doing. The choice is really up to you, but eventually it will do the same thing again.

I did run across a recent thread on the Egosoft forums about finding the Aran though. I didn't mention it yet because I thought you would have either seen the thread already, or found one.

(TC) How do I find the Aran? - Egosoft Forums

The important bit:

there is approx 1.4% of an Aran (or a Goner Ranger) appearing per UFJ, /except/ if a broken or unpowered gate appears, in which case there is 0% chance
- "Snafu_X3"

Maybe that could help speed up your search.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Don't remember first time, but this jump landed me in Olmanchetslat's Treaty.

I have recently completed the Terran Plot and was hoping to "get some rest", do a little hunting. Wink
I guess that's not going to happen. Might as well just get this one out of the way.

Thanks for mentioning about finding a "Broken Gate" in the Unknown Sectors. I didn't know about this being an Aran-killer. I've seen it/them during a few UFJ's. Now I know not to waste my time. Good tip, thanks for sharing!

I checked the link you provided. Thank you.
And I checked out another one provided during that discussion: Snafu_X3's
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3538442#3538442
It took me right to the 10th (his) post in this discussion--very informative also. The first line linked to another thread with some pictures..pictures are totally helpful to me! Geek

I have a much better understanding about Aran hunting and now know that it's "normal" to be re-directed to the New Home Plot via UFJD.

You need to log-in to post here.